Joy is unconfined

Old July 28th 15, 02:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default Joy is unconfined

Peter Crosland wrote:
On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm back!

Bill

Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous account
of your travels?

I've been to Basingstoke for an audience with the First Citizen and his
Lady.

Old July 28th 15, 03:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Peter Crosland wrote:
On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm back!

Bill

Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous
account of your travels?

I've been to Basingstoke for an audience with the First Citizen and
his Lady.

Ah, Basingford - Wonder Science City of the South.

What a dump.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old July 28th 15, 03:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

yes I am sure their used to be a spoof of Galveston called Basingstoke which
more or less trashed the place as the home of nameless company head offices
and hardly ever mended roads.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 28th 15, 05:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Peter Crosland wrote:
On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm back!

Bill
Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous
account of your travels?

I've been to Basingstoke for an audience with the First Citizen and
his Lady.

Ah, Basingford - Wonder Science City of the South.

What a dump.

I beg to disagree. I found it a most charming place.

Old July 28th 15, 05:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Brian-Gaff wrote:
yes I am sure their used to be a spoof of Galveston called Basingstoke which
more or less trashed the place as the home of nameless company head offices
and hardly ever mended roads.
Brian

I beg to disagree. I found the roads of Basingstoke to be as smooth as a
billiard table. And all the company head offices had names.

Old July 28th 15, 05:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Woody wrote:
"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
yes I am sure their used to be a spoof of Galveston called
Basingstoke which more or less trashed the place as the home of
nameless company head offices and hardly ever mended roads.

and the AA!

Many of our nation's most important institutions have their headquarters
in Basingstoke. The place is the beating heart of Britain and we should
all recognise its importance to the life of the nation. In my opinion
Westminster should be abandoned and the country governed from
Basingstoke Council Offices. London as a capital city has had its day
and Basingstoke should take over that role. There are plenty of nice
houses in Basingstoke that would be suitable for the HM The Queen and
her retinue.

Old July 28th 15, 06:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
NY

Woody wrote:
"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message
yes I am sure their used to be a spoof of Galveston called Basingstoke
which more or less trashed the place as the home of nameless company
head offices and hardly ever mended roads.

and the AA!

Many of our nation's most important institutions have their headquarters
in Basingstoke. The place is the beating heart of Britain and we should
all recognise its importance to the life of the nation. In my opinion
Westminster should be abandoned and the country governed from Basingstoke
Council Offices. London as a capital city has had its day and Basingstoke
should take over that role. There are plenty of nice houses in Basingstoke
that would be suitable for the HM The Queen and her retinue.

And if you know your Gilbert & Sullivan (Ruddigore, I think), you'll know
that you'll never go mad if you say its name!

Old July 28th 15, 07:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_5_]

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:42:21 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:
On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm back!

Bill

Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous account
of your travels?

I've been to Basingstoke for an audience with the First Citizen and his
Lady.

Bill

And is it true about the length of her dicky dido hair?

Oh no, that's Bays*water*

--

Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old July 28th 15, 07:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 28/07/2015 16:15, Woody wrote:

Ah, Basingford - Wonder Science City of the South.

What a dump.

When were you last here then, and what was so awful about the place ?

--
Mark