Joy is unconfined

Old July 29th 15, 04:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johnny B Good[_2_]

Default Joy is unconfined

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 15:42:21 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

Peter Crosland wrote:
On 28/07/2015 04:53, Bill Wright wrote:
I'm back!

Bill

Where have you been and are you going regale us with a humorous account
of your travels?

I've been to Basingstoke for an audience with the First Citizen and his
Lady.

Aha! the famous "Science Wonder City of The South" no less![1] :-)

[1] Just did a quick google to check my geography which lead me to check
the source of the phrase "Basingstoke, Science Wonder City of The South"
which originated in a comedy soap opera published in Computer Weekly
magazine up to about a decade ago.

It comes to something when the only hit comes from a posting of my own
in the "OT: Clutha pub helicopter crash: engine failure" thread in this
very news group just over a year ago!

--
Johnny B Good
Old July 29th 15, 08:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Tue, 28 Jul 2015 18:14:04 +0100, Bill Wright
wrote:

Many of our nation's most important institutions have their headquarters
in Basingstoke. The place is the beating heart of Britain and we should
all recognise its importance to the life of the nation.

I recall a few visits there some years ago to the Technical Training
department of Sony Broadcast, without whose products the television
industry might find it quite difficult to function.

Old July 29th 15, 11:56 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

wrote:

Many of our nation's most important institutions have their headquarters
in Basingstoke. The place is the beating heart of Britain and we should
all recognise its importance to the life of the nation.

I recall a few visits there some years ago to the Technical Training
department of Sony Broadcast, without whose products the television
industry might find it quite difficult to function.

Rod.

That place is a shadow of its former self, now they've sacked all the
best men.