Red buuton advert BBC R2 today

Old July 21st 15, 05:15 PM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

Default Red buuton advert BBC R2 today

This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on
any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button
does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?
Regards
David

Old July 21st 15, 05:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton[_2_]

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 18:15:09 UTC+1, David wrote:
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on
any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button
does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?
Regards
David

Samsung TV need quite a long period before the red button (or digital text) works and it may not work at all on HD channels.
Old July 21st 15, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Vir Campestris

On 21/07/2015 18:15, David wrote:
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?

I'll guess the promo. It would be worth trying it on one of the main
channels.

Andy
Old July 21st 15, 08:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Tue, 21 Jul 2015 10:33:00 -0700 (PDT)
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 18:15:09 UTC+1, David wrote:
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED
button on any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red
button does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?
Regards
David

Samsung TV need quite a long period before the red button (or digital
text) works and it may not work at all on HD channels.

My Samsung set beats my Toshiba set for speed in just about every
category. I often get the 'Loading...' sign, but it's still faster than
the Toshiba.

--
Davey.
Old July 22nd 15, 03:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Undrill[_2_]

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 18:15:09 UTC+1, David wrote:
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED
button on any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red
button does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?
Regards
David

Samsung TV need quite a long period before the red button (or digital
text) works and it may not work at all on HD channels.

My Samsung set beats my Toshiba set for speed in just about every
category. I often get the 'Loading...' sign, but it's still faster than
the Toshiba.

FWIW on my Samsung set the red button does not work on 107, BBC News.
However it does work on 101 & 102, BBC One and BBC Two, and the T1 muxes
of course.

Old July 22nd 15, 09:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

Thanks for confirmation your Samsung is the same, seems the BBC News isn't
working correctly assuming the promo was right.
Regards
David

Old July 23rd 15, 08:01 AM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Chris J Dixon

David wrote:

This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button on
any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button
does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?

You may well be able to get the Red Button channel directly by
using channel 601.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.
Old July 23rd 15, 09:55 AM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

I'm after the Text to read news and weather, do not know it's name it's the
Text that replaced Ceefax.
Regards
David

Old July 23rd 15, 10:32 AM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Geoff Pearson

David wrote:

This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED button
on
any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red button
does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?

You may well be able to get the Red Button channel directly by
using channel 601.

Chris
--
Chris J Dixon Nottingham UK

Plant amazing Acers.

On my Humax box - I think I get the weather by pressing text, the red button
doesn't work.

Old July 23rd 15, 10:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

On Tuesday, 21 July 2015 18:15:09 UTC+1, David wrote:
This morning at the end of a BBC promo the lady said press the RED
button on any BBC TV program.
The red button on my Samsung UHD Smart TV on 107 BBC News the Red
button does nothing.
Was the BBC promo wrong or is my TV got a problem?
Regards
David

Samsung TV need quite a long period before the red button (or digital
text) works and it may not work at all on HD channels.

My Samsung set beats my Toshiba set for speed in just about every
category. I often get the 'Loading...' sign, but it's still faster than
the Toshiba.

FWIW on my Samsung set the red button does not work on 107, BBC News.
However it does work on 101 & 102, BBC One and BBC Two, and the T1 muxes
of course.

Ditto my Samsung. I've also tried my Humax HDR-FOX T2 and got the same
result on that. Last night I tried the Humax on 105 and 106, BBC3 HD and
BBC4 HD. The red button (and Text button) worked on 105 but not 106.
I've just tried 123 and 124, CBeebies HD and CBBC HD. Text is available
on 123 but not on 124.

In fact, the Humax box displays a set of icons when you press the "i",
Info, button as well as showing text about the current programme. One of
the icons is a letter "i" in a red blob. That indicates that a text
service is available on that channel.
http://s929.photobucket.com/user/Hum...Icons.jpg.html

The Humax shows that the HD channels 101, 102 and 123 do have a text
service but that channels 107 and 124 don't.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)