4OD(All4)?

Old July 19th 15, 06:43 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Default 4OD(All4)?

I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat & internet on it, also an EE TV
box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and not come
up with an answer, can anyone here help?

Kenny Cargill

Old July 19th 15, 08:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

Don't know but the last time I tried it on my computer it insisted I was
blocking the adverts and so I should **** off, well not in that language,
but more or less the right sentiment.
Mind you I had endless hassle trying to make the player work before so its
no great loss.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 19th 15, 08:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Thanks for the reply. Trying All4 via web on TV I can select the programme
I want but it won't play, the video window stays black, don't think it's a
Flash problem since YouTube videos etc. play OK. Have sent a query to
Channel 4 but no reply as yet. LG TV's are very restrictive in what you can
do, if something's not pre-installed or in their app store you can't use it.

"Brian-Gaff" wrote in message ...

Don't know but the last time I tried it on my computer it insisted I was
blocking the adverts and so I should **** off, well not in that language,
but more or less the right sentiment.
Mind you I had endless hassle trying to make the player work before so its
no great loss.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 19th 15, 11:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 19/07/2015 07:43, Kenny wrote:
I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat& internet on it, also an EE TV
box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and not come
up with an answer, can anyone here help?

Kenny Cargill

I have an LG Smart TV and the only watch again app on it is BBC iPlayer.
However, it does have a browser and I did get the All4 page on screen
via that. But All4 wanted me to register before I could go any further
and I didn't think the programme I was going to watch was worth the
effort, so I fust exited the browser.

Old July 19th 15, 11:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Have just received this:

"Dear Ken,
Thank you for your email regarding All 4.
We appreciate the time you have taken to write to us.
Unfortunately, due to rights agreements, we are currently not able to make
All 4 available for LG TV's .
I am sorry for any disappointment caused.
If you require further information, feel free to email me back or visit
http://www.channel4.com/4viewers/faq
Kind regards,
Nicole Aston
All 4 Support"

Still doesn't explain why I can't get it via web on TV or via the EE TV box!

Kenny

Old July 19th 15, 11:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Kenny wrote:

doesn't explain why I can't get it via web on TV or via the EE TV box!

Presumably the lack of Flash plug-in in the TV/STB browsers ...

Old July 19th 15, 11:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

YouTube and other sites which use Flash work OK.

Kenny

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...

Old July 19th 15, 11:38 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_9_]

Kenny wrote:

YouTube and other sites which use Flash work OK.

Youtube doesn't need flash these days, though it does need a modern
browser instead, I've no idea what LG TVs and EE STBs provide ...

Old July 19th 15, 01:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jimbo[_3_]

On 19/07/2015 07:43, Kenny wrote:
I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat & internet on it, also an
EE TV box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and
not come up with an answer, can anyone here help?

Kenny Cargill

I have Panasonic VIERA sets all without Flash and none of them give 4OD
either but all work with everything else. Someone needs to give 4 a
kick up the arse to sort it out.

Old July 19th 15, 02:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Kenny

Received a further reply from All4 to say it's not available on EE TV
either! What's the point of All4 if no-one can see it? Is this a ploy to
only put it on pay TV services? If so I'll do without it.

Kenny