4OD(All4)?

Old July 19th 15, 02:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jimbo[_3_]

Default 4OD(All4)?

On 19/07/2015 07:43, Kenny wrote:
I have an LG Smart TV with Freeview, Freesat & internet on it, also an
EE TV box but can't get 4OD (All4) on any of them! Have googled it and
not come up with an answer, can anyone here help?

Kenny Cargill

Just checked on a pc. You *do* realise you have to sign in to use 4OD?

Old July 19th 15, 02:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]

My Samsung Smart TV gets All4 for passed CH4 programs.
Regards
David
Old July 19th 15, 04:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Yes, this is beginning to sound a little like BBC iPlayer. The
iPlayer download app is not available for Linux machines because Adobe
has withdrawn support of Flash for Linux, so Linux machines are stuck
with and old, relatively insecure version (though such things are
relative, apparently everyone is being advised to disable Flash at the
moment, until Adobe block the security holes in it, which it may have
already done, I'm not up-to-date, because Flash is already disabled on
the browser I use for every day browsing).

So, since Smart TVs are based on Linux, perhaps it's a shortcoming of
an outdated version of Flash version.

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 12:25:00 +0100, Andy Burns
wrote:

Presumably the lack of Flash plug-in in the TV/STB browsers ...

Old July 20th 15, 10:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Johnson[_4_]

On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:51:34 +0100, "David" wrote:

My Samsung Smart TV gets All4 for passed CH4 programs.

This is, I think, because C4 has made an exclusive arrangement with
Samsung and the reason for All4/4OD not being available to other
brands. How C4 benefits from this arrangement that must exclude more
users than it includes I have no idea. How many people are going to
say 'I must buy a Samsung TV because I want to watch All4/4OD'?
Old July 20th 15, 10:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 20/07/2015 11:44, Peter Johnson wrote:
On Sun, 19 Jul 2015 15:51:34 +0100, wrote:

My Samsung Smart TV gets All4 for passed CH4 programs.

This is, I think, because C4 has made an exclusive arrangement with
Samsung and the reason for All4/4OD not being available to other
brands. How C4 benefits from this arrangement that must exclude more
users than it includes I have no idea. How many people are going to
say 'I must buy a Samsung TV because I want to watch All4/4OD'?

How many people like me deliberately excluded Samsung from the list of
possible because I objected to such exclusivity and was determined not
to reward them for doing that deal?

Old July 20th 15, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
UnsteadyKen[_4_]

In article:

Peter Johnson says...

This is, I think, because C4 has made an exclusive arrangement with
Samsung and the reason for All4/4OD not being available to other
brands.

All 4 is available on BT Youview.

--
Ken O'Meara

Old July 20th 15, 04:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Is that not a pretty daft thing to do then?
I mean what is the point of having a system that only some sets can get at?
Even Samsung sets, I am told do not seem to have the ability to select the
adio described version on 4OD. Come on over there, get t your acts sorted.
brian

Email:

"UnsteadyKen" wrote in message

In article:

Peter Johnson says...

Old July 21st 15, 08:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Kenny
writes
YouTube and other sites which use Flash work OK.

Kenny

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
news:[email protected] co.uk...

Kenny wrote:

doesn't explain why I can't get it via web on TV or via the EE TV box!

Presumably the lack of Flash plug-in in the TV/STB browsers ...

One solution is to buy one of these, and get iPlayer, ITVPlayer, 4OD and
5OD.

http://www.humaxdirect.co.uk/hdr-100...gb-dd125d.html
--
Ian