Freeview Prog Guide on Sandy Heath not working today

Old July 18th 15, 08:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clive Page[_4_]

Default Freeview Prog Guide on Sandy Heath not working today

Today the Freeview programme guide that we receive from Sandy Heath has
no information for the next 7 days for many BBC channels - has anyone
else found that?

A couple of days ago the iPlayer stopped working on our Panasonic TV
because of some change - I've no idea what. But then somebody fixed
something so it was back the next day.

I guess its the time of year when the people who really know how things
work have gone away on their holidays and left the B-team in place.

--
Clive Page
Old July 19th 15, 08:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian-Gaff

No its the time when the A team have had their contract terminated tosave
money and nobody really knows how anyting works or who a tiny change will
impact.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old July 19th 15, 08:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clive Page[_4_]

On 19/07/2015 09:26, Brian-Gaff wrote:
No its the time when the A team have had their contract terminated tosave
money and nobody really knows how anyting works or who a tiny change will
impact.

I hadn't thought of that, you may be right.

I'd be willing to report such minor outages but nowadays it takes so
much trouble to discover a working email address for any of these
outfits. The BBC is pretty typical in that you are forced to wade
through a vast questionnaire and declare that you have read all the
frequently asked questions before you finally get an opportunity to send
them feedback via a web page (which doesn't give you a copy of your own
complaint unless you do a cut and paste job to a text editor).

Then you get, at best, an acknowledgement saying that they promise to
reply within 30 working days, or something like that. And you just know
that the only thing they are doing with your complaint is recording it
for "statistical purposes", or if you are really lucky using it for
"staff training".

But these minor problems occur from time to time and *usually* get fixed
after a few days, so somebody must notice and report it to the relevant
authority. I just wonder how it's done.

--
Clive Page