Virgin Tivo box - set to record future show?

Old July 18th 15, 11:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim.....

Default Virgin Tivo box - set to record future show?

"alan_m" wrote in message
On 17/07/2015 11:18, David wrote:
If you know the first episode of a show is due to start in 5 days time,
can you set a series record option now?

I guess this is basically a question of how far into the future the
Virgin
Tivo EPG can see in general, and if there are any clever options.

I don't know about a TIVO but the PVR boxes I've owned don't need to see
into the future. They remember what you want to record (a series for
example) and find the program as it enters the EPG in a day/week/month or
year's time.

but that only works if you can see it in the EPG when you want to start the
process (which is what the OP wants to do)

None of the PVR's that I have owned will let you start series recording by
typing its name in a box, they all required you to select the first entry
from the EPG

tim