Not more retuning.

Old February 19th 15, 08:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

Default Not more retuning.

I noticed yesterday that ch 70 said it was moving to 64 today, are there any
other changes afoot.
I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are quite
week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it saying that
some people in some places will loose bbc northampton, but will get three
counties and there will be other changes on the commercial stations as well.
This apparently is an improvement. It made not sense to me at all, but then
maybe its me.
I shall have to put up an outside dab aerial as these other local bbc
stations are quite interesting. Last night it was not like boiling mud, but
came and went, so suspect ducting.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old February 19th 15, 08:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I noticed yesterday that ch 70 said it was moving to 64 today, are
there any other changes afoot.
I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are
quite week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it
saying that some people in some places will loose bbc northampton,
but will get three counties and there will be other changes on the
commercial stations as well. This apparently is an improvement. It
made not sense to me at all, but then maybe its me.
I shall have to put up an outside dab aerial as these other local
bbc stations are quite interesting. Last night it was not like
boiling mud, but came and went, so suspect ducting.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

There was undoubtedly some very strange atmospheirc conditions last
night. An elderly friend of ours lives on a hill SW of the middle of
Chesterfield and she can see Chesterfield Tx line of sight, but her
EPG was well and truly scuppered. This morning all is well again.

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 19th 15, 01:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Woody wrote:

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!

What's stopping you?

Old February 19th 15, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

On 19/02/2015 09:29, Brian Gaff wrote:

I also noted last night on dab which has some stations wi hich are quite
week sometimes that there is one which has a recording on it saying that
some people in some places will loose bbc northampton, but will get three
counties and there will be other changes on the commercial stations as well.
This apparently is an improvement. It made not sense to me at all, but then
maybe its me.

The mux is being split into two, one to serve Beds/Bucks/Herts, the
other to serve Northants.

I shall have to put up an outside dab aerial as these other local bbc
stations are quite interesting.

You're way out of range (in Surrey), and although you might receive them
today, in the future they might well get swept away by another mux co
channel somewhere else.

Why not just listen to those stations on line ?

--
Mark
Old February 19th 15, 07:14 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Woody wrote:

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!

What's stopping you?

At this ongoing moment in time - an aerial?

Old February 19th 15, 07:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Well get yer finger out. You're retired, **** all to do.

Old February 19th 15, 09:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Woody wrote:

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!
What's stopping you?

At this ongoing moment in time - an aerial?

Well get yer finger out. You're retired, **** all to do.

Not quite as easy as that in this household.......

Old February 20th 15, 03:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Woody wrote:

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!
What's stopping you?

At this ongoing moment in time - an aerial?

Well get yer finger out. You're retired, **** all to do.

Not quite as easy as that in this household.......

How about mobile working? You could come and set up in my orchard, see
if you can work Winter Hill . . .

Old February 20th 15, 08:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Woody wrote:

Oh how I wish I was in a position to get my 6M or 2M on air!
What's stopping you?

At this ongoing moment in time - an aerial?

Well get yer finger out. You're retired, **** all to do.

Not quite as easy as that in this household.......

How about mobile working? You could come and set up in my orchard,
see if you can work Winter Hill . . .

Thanks for the offer Bill. Radio amateurs are notorious for keeping
the actual locations of repeaters secret historically to stop
opponents (some CB types especially) from, shall we say, putting them
off air. Having said that I am not aware of any repeater at Winter
Hill.

There used to be a couple at the top of Emley but these were removed
(I assisted the guy doing it who is a friend) some years ago after
Arqiva decided they wanted them to pay the same rates as professional
mobile radio system users - I would expect the same applied at WH.

Old February 20th 15, 03:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gaff[_2_]

What the trend for hams seems to be is find a relative in an area of good
reception where aerials are allowed and set it up as a remote via the web
from home.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active