4G possible effects

Old February 16th 15, 02:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default 4G possible effects

Tim+ wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to have adopted the American Plan.

My son is a contractor who often works in new build housing and he tells
me that traditional brick construction is almost universal.

Bill

Lots of new houses being built around where I live in the £250,000 to
£1,000,000 price range. Without exception, all timber frame with single
skin brick/block walls.

Round here they have inner leafs of Thermalite.

Old February 16th 15, 03:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Tim+ wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to have adopted the American Plan.
My son is a contractor who often works in new build housing and he
tells
me that traditional brick construction is almost universal.

Bill

Lots of new houses being built around where I live in the 250,000
1,000,000 price range. Without exception, all timber frame with
single
skin brick/block walls.

Round here they have inner leafs of Thermalite.

Forgive me Bill but I thought they were breeze blocks or similar with
insulation bonded to the cavity inside face, theroetically saving
having to put insulating panels in the cavity itself.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 16th 15, 06:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Woody wrote:

Forgive me Bill but I thought they were breeze blocks or similar with
insulation bonded to the cavity inside face, theroetically saving
having to put insulating panels in the cavity itself.

Yes, that sort of thing.

Old February 16th 15, 10:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_2_]

Bill Wright wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to have adopted the American Plan.
My son is a contractor who often works in new build housing and he tells
me that traditional brick construction is almost universal.

Bill
Lots of new houses being built around where I live in the £250,000 to

£1,000,000 price range. Without exception, all timber frame with single
skin brick/block walls.

Round here they have inner leafs of Thermalite.

I shall have a closer look. It's remotely possible I might be wrong. ;-)

Tim
Old February 18th 15, 10:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim+[_2_]

Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to have adopted the American Plan.
My son is a contractor who often works in new build housing and he tells
me that traditional brick construction is almost universal.

Bill
Lots of new houses being built around where I live in the £250,000 to
£1,000,000 price range. Without exception, all timber frame with single
skin brick/block walls.

Round here they have inner leafs of Thermalite.

I shall have a closer look. It's remotely possible I might be wrong. ;-)

Tim

Nope not wrong. Timber frame, single skin block walls.

Tim
Old February 18th 15, 01:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Tim+ wrote:
Tim+ wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:
Tim+ wrote:

Unfortunately they seem to have adopted the American Plan.
My son is a contractor who often works in new build housing and he tells
me that traditional brick construction is almost universal.

Bill
Lots of new houses being built around where I live in the £250,000 to
£1,000,000 price range. Without exception, all timber frame with single
skin brick/block walls.
Round here they have inner leafs of Thermalite.

I shall have a closer look. It's remotely possible I might be wrong. ;-)

Tim

Nope not wrong. Timber frame, single skin block walls.

Tim

A variation on this, which was briefly popular round here about thirty
years ago, was double width thermalite-type blocks with a sandwich of
foamed polystyrene. The face was done with white plastic which was meant
to resemble wooden boarding.