Freeview PVR Purchase Advice Please

Old February 10th 15, 05:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
george

Default Freeview PVR Purchase Advice Please

Does anyone have suggestions regarding a suitable Freeview (Not HD) PVR?
Is the Goodmans Twin Tuner any good?

I only want one as a secondary recorder.

Thanks for any advice

George

---

Old February 12th 15, 06:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

"george" wrote in message
o.uk...
Does anyone have suggestions regarding a suitable Freeview (Not HD)
PVR? Is the Goodmans Twin Tuner any good?

I only want one as a secondary recorder.

Thanks for any advice

Goodmans seem to sell all over the place so they can't be that bad?

Also look at Manhattan which are reasonable.

Despite your restriction you may find you can get a HD unit more
cheaply. You don't have to use it in HD mode - it will give you the
option every time you program a recording - single or series. HD will
also give you a degree of future-proofing, and when everything changes
to DVB-T2 (and it will) you will already have a viable unit.

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com

Old February 13th 15, 08:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 12/02/2015 18:26, Woody wrote:

Also look at Manhattan which are reasonable.

I have a Manhattan FreeSat box and I am very happy with it.
I have never tried their Freeview offerings, but if it is the same type
of design and build quality it would be worth trying.

John Lewis sell Manhattan, and their returns policy is good if you
decide it is not for you.