"Book Me" +green dot.

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 22nd 15, 12:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
David[_9_]

Default "Book Me" +green dot.

At 12:59 today Freeview 101 BBC1 HD from Emley Moor during promos before
1pm news at the top right hand corner of screen "Book Me" followed by a
Green Dot appeared for a minute.

What is this message please?

I got it at the same time yesterday and it stayed on until I
disconnected the mains for a few minutes, nothing else I tried would get
rid of it.

History is it was doing this last weekend but I did not note when it
actually occurred, but on Monday I rang Samsung Support who said they
had a cure for it, they took control of TV over via the internet and
reset to factory defaults and made a change in the engineering menu I
was told. I was assured it would not reoccur but it as.

Have phoned supplier Richer Sounds who are very concerned and their own
engineer will be contacting me. It is something they have not heard of.

It is a 3 week old Samsung smart TV UE55HU7500.

Any ideas?
A Samsung fault or a BBC fault?
Thanks
David