Satellite sockets that aren't F-plug sockets

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old January 2nd 15, 05:01 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Satellite sockets that aren't F-plug sockets

Just come back from trying to fit a satellite dish to my parent's new house, which was fitted with TV cables and sockets by the sparkies but no dish. Didn't install the dish, by the way, but that's another story.

What surprised me was that where I expected to see sockets for F-plugs in the wall, with their sticking out screw barrel, the sockets were flush like a Belling-Lee (which they definitely weren't). In the centre was a pin, i.e.. it was male, which was quite thin but hollow. The inside of the barrel might have had very fine threads, but I don't think so.

Seeing as they wouldn't take my F-plugs, even a push fit one, the best solution was to whip it off and fit another socket, but I an curious to know what those sockets are called and whether they are reckoned to be better than F-plugs or not.

Cheers.