Sony Radio Repair

Old February 26th 18, 12:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default Sony Radio Repair

Sony radio modelcmtv11ip serial no6112788. The CD door will not open. Please could you inform me of repair options? Many thanks Jean Bennett.
Old February 26th 18, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Huh?

I wonder who they think they sent this to?

Old February 26th 18, 04:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Indy Jess John

On 26/02/2018 13:05, wrote:
Sony radio modelcmtv11ip serial no6112788. The CD door will not open. Please could you inform me of repair options? Many thanks Jean Bennett.

There is a User Manual on-line:
https://www.sony.co.uk/electronics/s.../44623811M.pdf

If that doesn't solve your problem, there is a support capability:
http://services.sony.co.uk/supportmv...footer_contact

Alternatively there is a repair manual
https://servicemanuals.us/sony/audio...cmt-v11ip.html
but if you don't think you are capable of a home repair, I would give
this one a miss.

Old February 26th 18, 05:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

Well, according to the header this was in reply to a post dated 17
August 2014 with the same subject.

That post was about the Sony ICF-SW1 radio, with the usual distorted
sound problems due to aged capacitors. I've no idea why the reply was
3.5 years late and just asked another question about a different Sony
product!

--

Jeff

Old February 27th 18, 08:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Or maybe Home Owners Club have branched out and now have an electronics list
as well with as poor an interface that forgets to use years when putting
posts into any kind of order in its web based forum list.

"Paul Ratcliffe" wrote in message
On Mon, 26 Feb 2018 05:05:13 -0800 (PST),

wrote:

Sony radio modelcmtv11ip serial no6112788. The CD door will not open.
Please could you inform me of repair options? Many thanks Jean Bennett.

1. A good talking to.
2. A damned good thrashing (with a piece of tree)
3. A big screwdriver
4. An even bigger hammer
5. Ask Sony (ha, ha!)
6. Bin it
7. Find somebody who fixes stuff (at a price you want to pay)
8. I don't think you quite understand newsgroups