Missing subtitles

Old January 26th 14, 10:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Missing subtitles

I sat down to watch the second episode of Hidden Kingdoms this morning,
recorded in HD, with subtitles selected. Only there were no subtitles.
I went back to the recording of Episode 1, and there they were, right
where they were supposed to be. Back to episode 2. Suddenly, at about
11 minutes in, the subtitles appeared, and stayed on until the end.
Somebody else with his finger on the wrong button?

And why does Quest not have subtitles for Cash Cab, but did for Jeremy
Wade right after it this morning? Cash Cab had them (obviously a
different set) when shown in the US, I used to watch it while listening
to the BBC World Service.

--
Davey.
Old January 26th 14, 10:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I fget totally confused about AD as well. Ch5 seem to decide almost at
random if they are going to put the ad track out. It mightbe on an episode
on one channel then not on another, or vice versa. The only response i've
had was that they sometimes transmit watershed material early, so need to
endit the content which removes both the ad and subtitles. Like, after all
this time this is not catered for in the edit equipment, give me a break.
Then there is the UK TV lot who sometimes do it and sometimes not on Really
or Drama even thoughmost of the stuff they have has been out on bbc or itv
with ad.
When asked they say its not on the copies they were provided with. Well
pass the buck folks, has anyon actuallly asked their suppliers for the
correct copies, or is it only them deaf and blind minorities, so it does not
matter?

From the Bed of Brian Gaff.
The email is valid as
Blind user.