Downton Abbey

Old December 28th 13, 12:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tim.....

Default Downton Abbey

"Martin" wrote in message
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 17:03:29 -0000, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

"Stephen Wolstenholme" wrote in message
. ..
On Thu, 26 Dec 2013 07:28:21 +0000, Mike O'Sullivan
wrote:

Anybodu notice the anachronism in last night's show? Mrs Patmore eating
a Cornetto in the final scene on the beach.

Ice Cream cones have been around for over two hundred years.

Ice cream was around in India for several centuries.
Chatsworth has ice cream making parefinalia from the 18th century.
Cones are more recent, but over 100 years.

Cornetto was quite late.

Indeed and not Italian either...

That's alright

"Just one Cornetto, give it to me ..."

is not really the translation of the song either

tim

Old December 28th 13, 03:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Bill Wright wrote:

No, not at all. It's just that that particular one would do
everything I asked, as long as she know there's be a rum and black
afterwards. Actually I don't mind them greasy but I don't like them
sticky. Anyway, it's all academic now.

Eeeuuuww, rum and black! Far too sweet. I much prefer rum and orange,
although personally I always drink it neat.

As for dirty women, I'd be happy with any degree of dirt - "beggars
can't be choosers" and all that.

--
SteveT
Old December 28th 13, 06:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Hall

In article ,
tim..... writes:
"Just one Cornetto, give it to me ..."

is not really the translation of the song either

My illusions have been shattered! Next you'll be saying that there's no
Father Christmas.
--
John Hall "He crams with cans of poisoned meat
The subjects of the King,