ferrite cores for suppression of interference

Old December 27th 13, 07:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default ferrite cores for suppression of interference

Jim Lesurf wrote:

Thanks for pointing that out. I looked a couple of years ago and couldn't
find any. I plan to buy some stuff from CPC in the New Year so I'll add
this to my list.

The CPC search engine thingy is ****e. 'Ferrite ring' works though.

Old December 27th 13, 07:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

tony sayer wrote:

What are you trying to suppress give us the requirements and we might be
able to help better..

It's academic interest, set off by the problem I had of a CCTV camera
sending RF back up its mains lead. A ferrite ring cured that.

Old December 28th 13, 11:39 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

What are you trying to suppress give us the requirements and we might be
able to help better..

It's academic interest, set off by the problem I had of a CCTV camera
sending RF back up its mains lead. A ferrite ring cured that.

Bill

All EMC approved equipment then;?..
--
Tony Sayer

Old December 28th 13, 05:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clem Dye[_2_]

On 26/12/2013 05:49, Bill Wright wrote:
Anyone with any practical experience of this? I'm trying to put
something together that's based on real life experience.

Bill

My first Mitsubishi VCR had a problem -- if I connected the audio out
from the VCR to a hi-fi system, I'd get a lot of hum on the audio, even
using a good quality shielded audio cable (I tried several). I fixed
this (and I don't recall how I came to this idea, we are talking years
ago) my clipping a ferrite core around the audio out cable. The hum
disappeared immediately, and the fix worked until I finally got rid of
the VCR for my first Nicam-capable unit, some years later.

Clem
Old December 28th 13, 07:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

tony sayer wrote:
In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

What are you trying to suppress give us the requirements and we might be
able to help better..

It's academic interest, set off by the problem I had of a CCTV camera
sending RF back up its mains lead. A ferrite ring cured that.

Bill

All EMC approved equipment then;?..

Supposedly. Actually I haven't been near the relevant camera. It might
have a cheapo 12V psu in the housing.