ABC news in SD

Old December 25th 13, 04:28 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default ABC news in SD

How come the ABC news as relayed by the BBC is in SD? I can't believe
the Americans will have made the thing in SD.

Old December 25th 13, 08:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I thought ABC was Australian.

Anyway, you will probably find SD stuff is cheaper to get access to.
HD no doubt is value added as they say.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old December 25th 13, 03:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
How come the ABC news as relayed by the BBC is in SD? I can't believe the
Americans will have made the thing in SD.

Bill

No, but the Yankee idea of HD is 720 lines NOT 1080, so it easier just to
crop it to 576 than to blow it up.

Old December 25th 13, 06:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham.[_2_]

On Wed, 25 Dec 2013 09:42:50 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

I thought ABC was Australian.

I thought it came from Didsbury, with Diddy David Hamilton.
--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%
Old December 25th 13, 08:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

R. Mark Clayton wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
How come the ABC news as relayed by the BBC is in SD? I can't believe the
Americans will have made the thing in SD.

Bill

No, but the Yankee idea of HD is 720 lines NOT 1080, so it easier just to
crop it to 576 than to blow it up.

It's 720 *p* and 576 *i* so it's not quite as simple as that !

--
Mark