Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD

Old December 23rd 13, 04:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
the dog from that film you saw

Default Using the same channel numbers for SD and HD

On 23/12/2013 11:20, Mark Carver wrote:
Glyn Morgan wrote:

I see Freesat as a semi closed system. The Service Information is
carried in a proprietary form but I think receiver variants is over a
broader range than Sky and the commitment to update the receivers
would probably be up to individual manufactures. I guess it is though
still fairly well contained and be the easiest next one to tackle

Freesat is fine I think. In 2012 the 24 HD Olympic streams occupied
on HD receivers the same EPG positions as the SD versions of the streams.
The SD streams did not appear on the HD receivers.

Same applies right now with NHK HD ?

NHK SD isn't there at all i think.

--
Gareth.
That fly.... Is your magic wand.
Old December 23rd 13, 04:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

the dog from that film you saw wrote:

Freesat is fine I think. In 2012 the 24 HD Olympic streams occupied
on HD receivers the same EPG positions as the SD versions of the streams.
The SD streams did not appear on the HD receivers.

Same applies right now with NHK HD ?

NHK SD isn't there at all i think.

No, I think the SD version has now ceased, but while HD and SD services
co-existed only the one in your receiver's applicable format appeared on the
EPG (at the same position)

--
Mark