OT bags

Old December 19th 13, 05:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default OT bags

It's time start saving your supermarket bags. From next October they
will be 5p each. This is because of the stupid greenies. I have a large
box in the basement and I put my bags in there. I use them for dog ****,
clinical waste, badly soiled laundry, bowls of food for freezing,
disposable nappies, collecting apples and tomatoes, all sorts of things.
When they are banned I will have to buy bags. These will be made from
much thicker plastic so will cause more waste. I've made enquiries and I
will be able to get bags for clinical waste from the NHS. This will cost
me nothing but will cost the taxpayers a lot, because everyone will get
onto it. The greenies are stupid ****s.

I think it is the duty of all right-thinking people to do all they can
to subvert and sabotage all greeny-influenced legislation. I go out of
my way to do this.

Old December 19th 13, 06:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Tim+

Bill Wright wrote:
It's time start saving your supermarket bags. From next October they will
be 5p each. This is because of the stupid greenies. I have a large box in
the basement and I put my bags in there. I use them for dog ****,
clinical waste, badly soiled laundry, bowls of food for freezing,
disposable nappies, collecting apples and tomatoes, all sorts of things.
When they are banned I will have to buy bags. These will be made from
much thicker plastic so will cause more waste. I've made enquiries and I
will be able to get bags for clinical waste from the NHS. This will cost
me nothing but will cost the taxpayers a lot, because everyone will get
onto it. The greenies are stupid ****s.

I think it is the duty of all right-thinking people to do all they can to
subvert and sabotage all greeny-influenced legislation. I go out of my way to do this.

Bill

Only half agree. Without doubt, many (?most) people recycle their plastic
bags but I walk my dogs on a beach every morning and from Easter until the
autumn, the beach is littered with supermarket bags. Also, when I'm
running along country lanes the hedgerows and ditches are clogged with
bags. Anything that can be done to lessen this blight gets my vote.

Tim
Old December 19th 13, 06:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
harryagain

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent news, should have been done years ago.
I think you are a stupid ****.
Why don'tyou take a proper bag to the supermarket when shopping or don't you
have the foresight?
The fact that you have to store vast quantities, indicates you get far more
than you need.
We haven't used supermarket bags for years.

Supermarket bags are quite unsuitable for most of the uses you put them to
anyway.

Old December 19th 13, 06:51 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Mark Carver

On 19/12/2013 07:41, Tim+ wrote:

Only half agree. Without doubt, many (?most) people recycle their plastic
bags but I walk my dogs on a beach every morning and from Easter until the
autumn, the beach is littered with supermarket bags. Also, when I'm
running along country lanes the hedgerows and ditches are clogged with
bags. Anything that can be done to lessen this blight gets my vote.

I noticed last time I was in Wales (Nov 2011) that there were far fewer
bags blowing around, (as you describe). I think they had had the 5p
charge imposed earlier that year ?

We didn't know, until we went to get our weekly shop at a local
Sainsburys, and ended up unnecessarily paying about 50p for bags, which
was a bit of a disappointment seeing as back home we had a cupboard
full of them, like Bill, we keep them, and use them for all manner of
other things.

--
Mark
Old December 19th 13, 07:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Woody[_5_]

[...]

The daft bit is that plastic could be replaced with recycled paper which will, in time, biodegrade, but they are going to charge for them as well!

By the way Bill, you forgot the newspapers that you put out in them for recycling. Now there's a paradox if ever there was one.

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old December 19th 13, 07:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Tony Bryer[_2_]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 06:00:57 +0000 Bill Wright wrote :
I think it is the duty of all right-thinking people to do all they
can to subvert and sabotage all greeny-influenced legislation. I go
out of my way to do this.

Not just greens:

"Shoppers are to be charged 5p for plastic bags in supermarkets and
other large stores. The move by ministers is a victory for the Daily
Mailís Banish the Bags campaign which has highlighted the menace of
carrier bags."

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dered-act.html

Melbourne, Australia www.greentram.com

Old December 19th 13, 07:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Martin Brown

On 19/12/2013 06:00, Bill Wright wrote:
It's time start saving your supermarket bags. From next October they
will be 5p each. This is because of the stupid greenies. I have a large

ITYM you don't like it because it conflicts with your "trash the planet
for fun and profit" paranoid right wingnut beliefs.

I think stupid right whingers are far more dangerous to the environment.

Just because the greens are in favour of something does not
automatically make it wrong. There are way too many plastic bags and for
that matter disposable take away meal containers in the hedgerows.

I think it is the duty of all right-thinking people to do all they can
to subvert and sabotage all greeny-influenced legislation. I go out of
my way to do this.

Bill

You sound like the typical paranoid right whinger.
It might surprise you to know that you are at odds with the Daily Wail.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...dered-act.html

What is less well known is that the latest generation of plastic carrier
bags are somewhat biodegradable over time and as such not quite the long
term nuisance that the older ones were.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Old December 19th 13, 07:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Mark Carver
writes
On 19/12/2013 07:41, Tim+ wrote:

Only half agree. Without doubt, many (?most) people recycle their plastic
bags but I walk my dogs on a beach every morning and from Easter until the
autumn, the beach is littered with supermarket bags. Also, when I'm
running along country lanes the hedgerows and ditches are clogged with
bags. Anything that can be done to lessen this blight gets my vote.

I noticed last time I was in Wales (Nov 2011) that there were far fewer
bags blowing around, (as you describe). I think they had had the 5p
charge imposed earlier that year ?

We didn't know, until we went to get our weekly shop at a local
Sainsburys, and ended up unnecessarily paying about 50p for bags, which
was a bit of a disappointment seeing as back home we had a cupboard
full of them, like Bill, we keep them, and use them for all manner of
other things.

We certainly re-use plastic bags until they become holed - then if
they're not too bad, they get used as liners for the kitchen waste bin.
However, these days, some bags (especially Waitrose) are so flimsy and
thin that you are lucky to get even a single use out of them. Anything
they carry which has sharp corners invariably puts large holes in them,
rendering them unsuitable for any form re-use. Even the more-substantial
pay-for bags are often nowhere near as robust as they used to be.
--
Ian
Old December 19th 13, 07:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Bill[_5_]

In message , stuart noble
writes

What is less well known is that the latest generation of plastic carrier
bags are somewhat biodegradable over time and as such not quite the long
term nuisance that the older ones were.

I dug out some stuff from the loft the other day. A supermarket bag
from 20 years ago was in VERY tiny pieces despite being stored in total
darkness. I suspected a mouse at first but other plastic bags were
still intact

Tesco went through a period with those things, the bane of the tidy
storage classes. Dreadful idea. Paper good, decaying plastic awful.

Is the charge for bags planned for just supermarkets, or will it apply
to all shops? I asked in the local chippy and they said it didn't apply
to them.
Old December 19th 13, 08:15 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Robin[_8_]

I dug out some stuff from the loft the other day. A supermarket bag
from 20 years ago was in VERY tiny pieces despite being stored in
total darkness. I suspected a mouse at first but other plastic bags
were still intact

Mi casa, su casa.
Tesco bags in my case.

--