A Sky, cable and digital tv forum. Digital TV Banter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » Digital TV Banter forum » Digital TV Newsgroups » uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General)
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

uk.tech.digital-tv (Digital TV - General) (uk.tech.digital-tv) Discussion of all matters technical in origin related to the reception of digital television transmissions, be they via satellite, terrestrial or cable. Advertising is forbidden, with no exceptions.

New channel from 5



 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #1  
Old December 18th 13, 01:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Hugh Newbury
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 114
Default New channel from 5

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Ads
  #2  
Old December 18th 13, 02:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 385
Default New channel from 5

Mine says "5 Later".

Regards
David



"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message ...

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org
  #3  
Old December 18th 13, 02:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,272
Default New channel from 5

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:59:19 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh


For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.


--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
  #4  
Old December 18th 13, 02:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,342
Default New channel from 5

In article ,
Peter Duncanson wrote:
For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.


Just how many times can they show old CSIs? ;-)

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
  #5  
Old December 18th 13, 02:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Hugh Newbury
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 114
Default New channel from 5

On 18/12/13 15:24, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:59:19 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh


For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.



If you go there during the day, it comes up with "Text loading", then
says "a new channel coming soon from 5".

Just wondered if anyone knew what and when.

Hugh

  #6  
Old December 18th 13, 03:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 4,272
Default New channel from 5

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:33:27 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

On 18/12/13 15:24, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:59:19 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh


For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.



If you go there during the day, it comes up with "Text loading", then
says "a new channel coming soon from 5".

Just wondered if anyone knew what and when.

Hugh


http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/5-later-39406/

...a member of the Digital Spy forums has claimed to have emailed
Channel 5:
Quote:
I just got a email from channel 5
Quote:
Date: 13th August 2013

Dear Correspondent

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding 5 Later.

This channel will comprise of a selection of programmes first
broadcast on Channel 5. Unfortunately, we cannot yet confirm
when the channel is likely to be launched.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Terry
VIEWER ADVISOR

So - similar to the 4seven channel, it seems.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
  #7  
Old December 18th 13, 03:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Hugh Newbury
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 114
Default New channel from 5

On 18/12/13 16:35, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 15:33:27 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

On 18/12/13 15:24, Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:59:19 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh

For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.



If you go there during the day, it comes up with "Text loading", then
says "a new channel coming soon from 5".

Just wondered if anyone knew what and when.

Hugh


http://www.tvforum.co.uk/tvhome/5-later-39406/

...a member of the Digital Spy forums has claimed to have emailed
Channel 5:
Quote:
I just got a email from channel 5
Quote:
Date: 13th August 2013

Dear Correspondent

Thank you for your recent enquiry regarding 5 Later.

This channel will comprise of a selection of programmes first
broadcast on Channel 5. Unfortunately, we cannot yet confirm
when the channel is likely to be launched.

Thank you for your interest in Channel 5.

Yours sincerely

Terry
VIEWER ADVISOR

So - similar to the 4seven channel, it seems.


Peter, thanks for that.

Hugh
  #8  
Old December 18th 13, 04:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David[_9_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 385
Default New channel from 5



Personally I would rather Freeview had added Five in HD, the other 4 main
channels BBC 1/2, ITV1 and CH4 do HD.
Regards
David

  #9  
Old December 18th 13, 06:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Bill Wright[_2_]
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 9,381
Default New channel from 5

David wrote:


Personally I would rather Freeview had added Five in HD, the other 4
main channels BBC 1/2, ITV1 and CH4 do HD.
Regards
David


I don't bother looking what's on Five, since I don't get it in HD.

Bill
  #10  
Old December 18th 13, 10:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)
external usenet poster
 
Posts: 5,342
Default New channel from 5

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
David wrote:


Personally I would rather Freeview had added Five in HD, the other 4
main channels BBC 1/2, ITV1 and CH4 do HD.
Regards
David


I don't bother looking what's on Five, since I don't get it in HD.


Making picture quality more important than content?

--
*i souport publik edekashun.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
 




Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.SEO by vBSEO 2.4.0
Copyright 2004-2018 Digital TV Banter.
The comments are property of their posters.