New channel from 5

Old December 19th 13, 12:25 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default New channel from 5

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:

I don't bother looking what's on Five, since I don't get it in HD.

Making picture quality more important than content?

No, it isn't quite like that. There are far more worthwhile programmes
than I have time for. Evidence of this is that I have just deleted 400GB
of unwatched stuff from my main PVR. So one easy (lazy) filter I apply
is, 'don't bother reading the Channel 5 listings'.

It is a fact that SD gets on my nerves, so really...

If there was a really fascinating programme on C5 in SD (say, '1,000
reasons why everyone loves and admires Bill Wright'; yes it would have
to be something that good) then I expect I'd watch it. Probably put my
wrong glasses on though.

Old December 19th 13, 09:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

5 later, much much later....

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Hugh Newbury" wrote in message
Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh

--

Hugh Newbury

www.evershot-weather.org

Old December 19th 13, 09:27 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

So what is the point then if its only on for such a short time?
I'd also like to know exactly how many programmes Travel Channel actually
has, as when I dip in the same episodes of their stuff are on several times
a week. My guess is about 15.

also why won't Movie Mix do AD films when the films they often run had AD?
Then there is True entertainment, which seems a little bit like saying True
death as apposed to what?

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message
On Wed, 18 Dec 2013 14:59:19 +0000, Hugh Newbury
wrote:

Channel 55 says a new channel coming from 5. No details. So what is it?
And when?

Hugh

For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)

Old December 19th 13, 09:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Not that that worries me really, its the other junk. I imagine if we have
not had these already, them and the UK network might like the following
program ideas.

Fish hospital live
The tropical disease experience
Inside The Priory.
Real freak Shows of the world.
Sexploits.- footage of sex in unlikely places.

The view from above - Drone footage of inside celebs walled houses.

Shark bait Celebrities taken down in a cage in shark infested waters

I think I'd still prefer the paint drying channel.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
Peter Duncanson wrote:
For some weeks Ch55 has been "5 Later". It broadcasts for 15 minutes
each day at 02:15. The EPG info for that says "Late night show
highlighting viewing options on the Channel 5 family of channels". I
haven't watched it.

Just how many times can they show old CSIs? ;-)

--
*Stable Relationships Are For Horses.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Old December 19th 13, 10:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roderick Stewart[_3_]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 01:25:56 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

If there was a really fascinating programme on C5 in SD (say, '1,000
reasons why everyone loves and admires Bill Wright'; yes it would have
to be something that good) then I expect I'd watch it. Probably put my
wrong glasses on though.

Yes, I find that using reading glasses from about 2 metres away makes
all SD programmes look as good as HD. :-)

Old December 19th 13, 12:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Johny B Good[_2_]

On Thu, 19 Dec 2013 10:35:19 -0000, "Brian Gaff"
wrote:

Not that that worries me really, its the other junk. I imagine if we have
not had these already, them and the UK network might like the following
program ideas.

Fish hospital live
The tropical disease experience
Inside The Priory.
Real freak Shows of the world.
Sexploits.- footage of sex in unlikely places.

The view from above - Drone footage of inside celebs walled houses.

Shark bait Celebrities taken down in a cage in shark infested waters

I think I'd still prefer the paint drying channel.

Presumably because it is 'more action packed' than the "Paint
Peeling" channel?
--
Regards, J B Good