Triax IR emitter (310013) question

Old November 20th 13, 10:16 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D Smith[_2_]

Default Triax IR emitter (310013) question

Anyone using one of these with a Triax distribution system and able to
answer a couple of questions?

I need a "consumer grade" IR emitter (i.e. one that look pretty!) to
complete my for my Raspberry-Pi/Samsung TV project and this looks the job,
but I can't find any specs on it. The questions I need answered, in order
of need, a

1. What direction is the emitter pointing and can this be altered?

2. Is this just an "LED on a lead" or anything more?

3. Any specs. for the LED? Forward voltage, current?

#1 is importable because IR LEDs are quite directional so assuming I put the
emitter on a flat surface (perhaps a cupboard, perhaps attached to the
ceiling), I want to be able to direct the beam at the TV. Given most TVs
are "on a wall" these days, there is unlikely to be a flat surface directly
in front of the TV.

Thanks for any pointers.
Paul DS.