Samsing UE55F6800

Old November 20th 13, 03:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Pinnerite[_2_]

Default Samsing UE55F6800

Mark Carver wrote:

On 20/11/2013 10:37, David wrote:
I take it your location and transmitter does have HD transmitted?

Every DTT transmitter in the UK carries the main HD mux (PSB 3)

I did have to improve my aerial to get HD even though normal was being
received.

That *could* be an issue, yes.

It was! I had aT' connection to my home HTPC. After reading the last two
messages, I disconnected it from the HTPC and re-tuned. To my surprise HD
channels showed up. Quick panic and grovel to Amazon (who were absolutely
charming) followed by a report back here and apologies again. Fantastic
pictures.

Thanks all round.

Mageia 3 for x86_64, Kernel: 3.8.13.4 -desktop-1.mga3
KDE version 4.10.5 Running on an AMD 4-core processor

Old November 20th 13, 04:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Richard Tobin

In article ,
Peter Duncanson wrote:

DTV Tuner: DVB-T/C/S2

The 40 inch version:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...UE40F6800SBXXU

says "Freeview HD / Freesat HD Tuners" - no mention of DVB-C.

The Amazon page for the 55 inch version:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BP5F8GK

lists Freeview HD, so if that's where the OP bought it he should
be able to get his money back if it doesn't support it.

It would be odd for the specs to differ so much for models with the
same model number apart from screen size.

-- Richard
Old November 20th 13, 04:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 17:00:26 +0000 (UTC),
(Richard Tobin) wrote:

In article ,
Peter Duncanson wrote:

DTV Tuner: DVB-T/C/S2

The 40 inch version:

http://www.samsung.com/uk/consumer/t...UE40F6800SBXXU

says "Freeview HD / Freesat HD Tuners" - no mention of DVB-C.

I've had a look at the manual which covers several different models. The
section on Aerial Connection shows the cable input being combined with
the aerial input. I assume that in practice an STB would be used for
cable services.

(195 pages)
http://downloadcenter.samsung.com/co...VBEUF-0313.pdf

(That's the online version of the eManual built in to the TV.)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old November 20th 13, 05:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

On Wed, 20 Nov 2013 00:28:37 +0000, Pinnerite wrote:

I have just set one of these up. Impressive picture etc but when it scans
for channels it ignores all the HD channels. I cannot fathom why.

I want to look at one of these but nobody round here seems to have one.
Did you view it before ordering or just take a punt?