current limited rechargables - Ben's verdict

Old November 19th 13, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default current limited rechargables - Ben's verdict

After they got home...
Mummy: That was an exciting experiment Grandad did!
Ben: Yes, I didn't notice he was so clever before!

Old November 19th 13, 03:45 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I'm still intrigued by that experiment though, as one would imagine if it
were not capable of being discharged at the higher rate for safety, the
mechanism must be chemical and not hardware. To have any kind of current
limiting inside these cells has to be impossible any other way I'd have
thought without causing voltage drop under normal use.

From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active

Old November 19th 13, 10:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

"Brian Gaff" wrote in message
I'm still intrigued by that experiment though, as one would imagine if it
were not capable of being discharged at the higher rate for safety, the
mechanism must be chemical and not hardware. To have any kind of current
limiting inside these cells has to be impossible any other way I'd have
thought without causing voltage drop under normal use.

Bill said the 'D' cells were only 2500 mAH and likely mice in cat's
clothing, so 2.5A short circuit is perhaps reasonable.

--
Max Demian

Old November 20th 13, 01:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

Just think that in 50 or 60 years' time, Ben will be able to regale members
of this newsgroup (or whatever comms system they are using then) with tales
of his eccentric old grandfather Bill...