Humax puzzle

Old November 18th 13, 10:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Humax puzzle

Originally posted in uk.~.pvr.

I am new to the world of PVRs.
I have a Humax-Fox T2, and I can't find how to successfully watch a
program on a USB stick. I have tried just about every format I can
think of, but the PVR always recognises that there is a stick attached,
but never seems to see anything on it. It never shows it in the Storage
list, even as a place to which to copy a program already on the HDD.
Does this mean that I need a different stick, as it's not suitable for
the Humax?
I see that this, or variations of it, is not uncommon as a problem,
but there rarely seems to be a solution.

Any help welcome.

--------------------

Since then, I have acquired a brand new stick, and I see no
improvement. Does anybody know what I need to do to make this work?

--
Davey.
Old November 18th 13, 11:22 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

Default Solved: Humax puzzle

On Mon, 18 Nov 2013 11:02:40 +0000
Davey wrote:

Originally posted in uk.~.pvr.

I am new to the world of PVRs.
I have a Humax-Fox T2, and I can't find how to successfully watch a
program on a USB stick. I have tried just about every format I can
think of, but the PVR always recognises that there is a stick
attached, but never seems to see anything on it. It never shows it in
the Storage list, even as a place to which to copy a program already
on the HDD. Does this mean that I need a different stick, as it's not
suitable for the Humax?
I see that this, or variations of it, is not uncommon as a problem,
but there rarely seems to be a solution.

Any help welcome.

--------------------

Since then, I have acquired a brand new stick, and I see no
improvement. Does anybody know what I need to do to make this work?

It's now working, but I don't know why it didn't before.
I had been using the USB connector on the front of the machine, as the
one at the back is a real pain to get to. But I decided, as the next
stage of debugging the problem, to see if it worked when plugged in to
the one at the back. And it did! And now it works at the front!
Most strange.
For the record, the drive is partitioned as ext3, and the file,
which transferred successfully to the Humax's HDD, is an .mp4 file.

--
Davey.
Old November 18th 13, 11:37 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

wrote:

Originally posted in uk.~.pvr.

I am new to the world of PVRs.
I have a Humax-Fox T2, and I can't find how to successfully watch a
program on a USB stick. I have tried just about every format I can
think of, but the PVR always recognises that there is a stick
attached, but never seems to see anything on it. It never shows it
in the Storage list, even as a place to which to copy a program
already on the HDD. Does this mean that I need a different stick, as
it's not suitable for the Humax?
I see that this, or variations of it, is not uncommon as a problem,
but there rarely seems to be a solution.

Any help welcome.

--------------------

Since then, I have acquired a brand new stick, and I see no
improvement. Does anybody know what I need to do to make this work?

Use the same file format in both USB stick and PVR?

Thanks. See my reply of one minute's difference.

--
Davey.
Old November 18th 13, 11:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

[...]

I regularly use USB storage (sticks and hard disks) formatted as FAT32
or Ext3 with a Humax HDR-Fox T2.

I think those boxes can also use Ext2 formatted disks/sticks but not
NTFS.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)