removal of archives

Old November 15th 13, 04:40 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Default removal of archives

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Old November 15th 13, 05:00 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Andy Burns[_8_]

Bill Wright wrote:

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Actually I saw the BBC report of Labour's website deletion yesterday
evening *before* reading the report of the Torys doing the same ...
perhaps you're only looking at articles that support your own bias?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24942040

Old November 15th 13, 06:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Apellation Controlee

On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 05:40:41 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Dunno about bias. I saw it on the Independent web site yesterday
morning.
Old November 15th 13, 06:26 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Peter Crosland

On 15/11/2013 05:40, Bill Wright wrote:
The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805

I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Where is the Bill Wright of yesteryear? Wit and humour were your forte
but now you are beginning to sound like a grumpy old man! Aficionados
are still waiting to hear about your trip to the Emerald Isle. So cheer
us up as you once did Bill. Please!

--
Peter Crosland
Old November 15th 13, 08:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
Bill Wright writes:
The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

It was all over the social media 2 days ago. BBC is just catching up.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Old November 15th 13, 09:54 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Scion

Bill Wright put finger to keyboard:

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...7a5-f434-9d91-

aa2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Bill

AIUI the difference is the Conservatives set their website's robot.txt
file to instruct archiving sites to remove the old content (and
subsequently denied requesting removal), whereas Labour did not.
Old November 15th 13, 10:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y

Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805

I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Actually I saw the BBC report of Labour's website deletion yesterday
evening *before* reading the report of the Torys doing the same ...
perhaps you're only looking at articles that support your own bias?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-24942040

Oh I'm SO embarrassed! I searched diligently for that, didn't find it,
so concluded it didn't exist. Damn.

Old November 15th 13, 12:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
John Rumm

On 15/11/2013 08:28, Martin wrote:
On Fri, 15 Nov 2013 06:00:17 +0000, Andy Burns
wrote:

Bill Wright wrote:

The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a
lot of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted'
as if a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Actually I saw the BBC report of Labour's website deletion yesterday
evening *before* reading the report of the Torys doing the same ...
perhaps you're only looking at articles that support your own bias?

He's obsessed.

May be so, but it does not make him wrong ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Old November 15th 13, 12:38 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
Oh I'm SO embarrassed! I searched diligently for that, didn't find it,
so concluded it didn't exist. Damn.

You really, really, really need to get a life.

Or post such things to relevant newsgroups where you'll find likeminded
nutters.

--
*A closed mouth gathers no feet.*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old November 15th 13, 04:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
R. Mark Clayton

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
The BBC have gleefully reported that the Conservatives have removed a lot
of pre-2010 material from their website. They use the word 'spotted' as if
a crime has been committed. They did not report this at all:
http://www.labour.org.uk/news-archiv...2dc9db98cc=805
I can't find anything pre-2010 here.
More BBC left-wing bias.

Bill

Both parties tidied up their web sites.

The Labour side cynically suggested that is was because they Tories had
something to hide.

They probably do, but nowhere near as much as Labour...