Didital spectrum, DAB and FM

Old November 12th 13, 04:09 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wymsey

Default Digital spectrum, DAB and FM

On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:00:25 +0000, nemo wrote:

Yes, they are getting better. But their processing and power
requirements would still seriously compomise the performance of a phone.

Not forgetting that DAB solves a non-existent problem (forgetting false
economics, that is).

--
M0WYM
Sales @ radiowymsey
Old November 12th 13, 04:20 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jim Lesurf[_2_]

Default Didital spectrum, DAB and FM

In article , Wymsey
wrote:
On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 23:32:59 +0000, Brian Gaff wrote:

Currently I playing with a Funcube Pro+ dongle, www.funcubedongle.com/ ,
which gives coverage from 150KHz to 1900 MHz. Very good but around 10
times the price of one of the cheap dongles.

FWIW I bought one of these a while ago and regard it as an excellent
device.

Old November 14th 13, 05:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen

"Wymsey" wrote in message
On Tue, 12 Nov 2013 14:00:25 +0000, nemo wrote:

Yes, they are getting better. But their processing and power
requirements would still seriously compomise the performance of a phone.

Not forgetting that DAB solves a non-existent problem (forgetting false
economics, that is).

Although when it comes to getting decent reception of Capital Gold on a
portable, Absolute Radio 60s, or any of the other stations that there isn't
room for on Band 2, or being able to tune in without having to peer at a
dial and guess whether you're listening to Magic, Heart or a pirate station
because they're so all close together, while battling the mush and hiss,
maybe DAB is solving a problem.

FM also suffers from distortion if you're not bang on tune, and as for the
argument about mono stations on DAB, it's all mono on FM as far as I'm
concerned. On my portable the 20 dB increase in hiss if I switch the stereo
on is not worth putting up with.

Old November 17th 13, 03:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Stephen
scribeth thus
"Wymsey" wrote in message
[...]

You must live in a rather poorly served area then;(...

--
Tony Sayer