4G filter measurement

Old March 18th 13, 12:19 PM posted to uk.tech.broadcast,uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive[_2_]

Default 4G filter measurement

On Mon, 18 Mar 2013 01:11:11 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

I got one. I didn't want to but it's what they sent when the old one
wouldn't dial noughts any more. I got it in November and finally used it
in February. What you need is a smart son to set up your smart phone.

I have to rely on my smart or otherwise self.

Now it works I find it a bit much really. It's very clever though.
Actually it's like being married to a woman more intelligent that
yourself. Useful, but there's constant humiliation.

You sound as though you speak from experience?

The camera is crap. Utterly crap. Nowhere near as good as the one on my
old phone.

Mine, Samsung Galaxy Note II (I think, model number is GT-N7100 if
that helps) is really good. The camera can do all of the things that
I normally ask it to do, indeed most of the things that I ever asked
my Canon Pwershot S40 to do, to the extent that I've largely taken to
leaving the latter at home when I go out. The only thing it
absolutely can't do is optically zoom, and, as previously mentioned,
it's not very good at stitching the panoramas together - some error
is inevitable but a higher success rate than 10-20% is required, and a
means of manual control of the process when automation fails.
Old March 18th 13, 12:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
tony sayer

In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
Or not.

Went in to local (= 50 miles away) Tesco's the other day, biggish
branch though not the biggest I've seen, wondering whether to
investigate, amongst all the other more important things, a new TV for
my new house. I looked at the sets and the accompanying labels,
trying to decipher which label referred to which set, and to remember
the correct designation for a TV with Freeview HD tuners. Eventually
I gave up and asked the assistant: "Which of these TVs have Freeview
HD tuners". Astonishingly, his reply was: "Errr! None actually!"

I deferred the purchase of a new TV.

Go to John Lewis of if you haven't a local branch go online.

Get a decent up to date with net access Sony.

Get a decent aerial or use that dish pointer programme you wrote.

Switch on TV.

Enjoy the programming that appeals to you.

Relax..

The End....
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 18th 13, 12:43 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
tony sayer

In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
Or not again.

Here, the maximum speed of broadband is touted to be about 4Mbps.
Right now, I'd kill for that,

Yes I know of people with whom I feel embarrassed mentioning that I
could have the Virgin Media 120 Meg service but I'm fine with the
30...

--
Tony Sayer

Old March 19th 13, 10:44 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
Andy Champ[_2_]

On 18/03/2013 13:43, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
Or not again.

Here, the maximum speed of broadband is touted to be about 4Mbps.
Right now, I'd kill for that,

Yes I know of people with whom I feel embarrassed mentioning that I
could have the Virgin Media 120 Meg service but I'm fine with the
30...

Imagine how I feel when it is _Virgin_ telling me _I_ could have the
120meg service, not the 4 or so I actually get - and then admitting that
actually they don't do our road or any other within half a mile...

Andy
Old March 19th 13, 04:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
tony sayer

In article , Andy Champ
scribeth thus
On 18/03/2013 13:43, tony sayer wrote:
In article , Java Jive
scribeth thus
Or not again.

Here, the maximum speed of broadband is touted to be about 4Mbps.
Right now, I'd kill for that,

Yes I know of people with whom I feel embarrassed mentioning that I
could have the Virgin Media 120 Meg service but I'm fine with the
30...

Imagine how I feel when it is _Virgin_ telling me _I_ could have the
120meg service, not the 4 or so I actually get - and then admitting that
actually they don't do our road or any other within half a mile...

Andy

Well can't have everything;!..

We're always getting sales bumph thru the door....
--
Tony Sayer

Old March 24th 13, 10:46 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.tech.broadcast
J. P. Gilliver (John)

In message , alan
writes:
On 17/03/2013 18:41, lid wrote:

As I've said before, ITV may not wish to continue on DTT when it is
no longer a paying proposition, particularly if you are correct that
the remaining viewers are the 'poor' ones wth low disposable incomes
that advertisers won't bother with.

Judging by the number of loan shark adverts on TV the target may be
poor people!

Most hated! See
http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/pol...ould-be-banned
--
J. P. Gilliver. UMRA: 1960/1985 MB++G()AL-IS-Ch++(p)[email protected]+H+Sh0!:`)DNAf

.... back in the olden days ... Britain was entirely made of wood and lit by
one enormous candle, tended by the Queen
- Steven Moffat, Radio Times, 24-30 July 2010