Comet

Old November 10th 12, 11:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Terry[_2_]

Default Comet

Scott wrote:
On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 15:40:52 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sat, 10 Nov 2012 14:24:11 +0000 (GMT), "Dave Plowman (News)"

Scott wrote:
It's the quality that matters, not who actually makes it.

So if you bought a Porsche then got home and found it was not
actually made by Porsche after all you would be perfectly happy?

Depends what you mean by 'made'. Porsche don't make all the parts
that go into their cars, and neither does any other car maker.

I wouldn't buy a Porsche, nor would I expect it to be made completely
by Porsche.

I would not buy a Porsche either, but would you expect it to be
assembled in a Porsche factory in Germany or 'lovingly made under the
supervision of German engineers'.

Rover 214/6 1988 to 1995 made at Longbridge were made under
the supervision of Honda engineers cos they also made the Honda
Concerto on the same line and Honda had to make sure standards
were maintained.

Steve Terry
--
Get a free GiffGaff PAYG Sim and 5 bonus after activation at:
http://giffgaff.com/orders/affiliate/gfourwwk

Old November 10th 12, 11:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

David wrote:

News headline Comet going into administration, did I hear correct?
Regards
David

Guys, I've just bought a Humax YouView box with a great discount. List
price is 279, and all the major outlets were selling at that price.

So was Comet yesterday, but they knocked it down to 195.99, which is a
great price. I recommend it, if there are any left.

--
SteveT

Old November 11th 12, 12:08 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Terry[_2_]

Steve Thackery wrote:
David wrote:

News headline Comet going into administration, did I hear correct?
Regards
David

Guys, I've just bought a Humax YouView box with a great discount. List
price is 279, and all the major outlets were selling at that
price.
So was Comet yesterday, but they knocked it down to 195.99, which is
a great price. I recommend it, if there are any left.

I hope yours does not have the software bug that mine has, about 1 in 20
times of pressing the info button it crashes.
Have to unplug it and reboot it.
It's got so i dread pressing the info button, it's like playing Russian
roulette.

Steve Terry

Old November 11th 12, 07:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

Steve Terry wrote:

I hope yours does not have the software bug that mine has, about 1 in 20
times of pressing the info button it crashes.

Not noticed it yet. Only had it a day or so, of course. But there's a
new software release for it - perhaps it fixes it. The best thing for
me is that it enables the skip forwards/backwards keys, although you
can't alter the skip length, sadly.

--
SteveT