Blaupunkt TVs

Old October 8th 12, 08:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

Default Blaupunkt TVs

Sainsbury's are doing a Blaupunkt 32" 1080p 3D TV including SCART
cable and four pairs of specs for 199. Don't think it has HD
tune though.

Anyone any idea who makes them - I doubt it is actually
Blaupunkt?

--
Woody

harrogate three at ntlworld dot com

Old October 8th 12, 08:54 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_4_]

"Woody" wrote in message
Sainsbury's are doing a Blaupunkt 32" 1080p 3D TV including
SCART cable and four pairs of specs for 199. Don't think it
has HD tune though.

Anyone any idea who makes them - I doubt it is actually
Blaupunkt?

--

Just goes to show that it is not necessarily better to Google -
look at the supplier's web site first.

Made by UMC in Czech Republic, not China as JS state.

Sadly a well respected brand name has now just become another
label it seems.

Old October 8th 12, 11:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
fred

In article , Woody
writes
"Woody" wrote in message
Sainsbury's are doing a Blaupunkt 32" 1080p 3D TV including
SCART cable and four pairs of specs for 199. Don't think it
has HD tune though.

Anyone any idea who makes them - I doubt it is actually
Blaupunkt?

Just goes to show that it is not necessarily better to Google -
look at the supplier's web site first.

Made by UMC in Czech Republic, not China as JS state.

Sadly a well respected brand name has now just become another
label it seems.

Truly dismal spec data from both Sains and UMC, no mention of DVB or
tuner anywhere in the data so no chance of finding out what kind of
tuner it has. These days I'm looking for a DVB-T2 tuner

On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my eyes,
only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold through dodgy
'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first generation Russ
Andrews IMV.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Old October 9th 12, 12:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
fred wrote:
On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my eyes,
only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold through dodgy
'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first generation Russ
Andrews IMV.

Hmm. In the days when Blaupunkt were Blaupunkt, they were streets ahead of
the usual car radios made by Motorala and Radiomobile. Had FM long before
they did. And a decent quality audio amp too.

--
*My dog can lick anyone

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old October 9th 12, 12:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:42:26 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
fred wrote:
On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my
eyes, only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold
through dodgy 'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first
generation Russ Andrews IMV.

Hmm. In the days when Blaupunkt were Blaupunkt, they were streets
ahead of the usual car radios made by Motorala and Radiomobile. Had
FM long before they did. And a decent quality audio amp too.

I still have, somewhere, a Germany-bought Blaupunkt car radio that would
stop the cassette playing when a traffic-news radio station started to
transmit the warning tone. This before any such system was available in
the UK.
And it does indeed have good audio quality. Must find it again.
--
Davey.
Old October 9th 12, 01:41 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Davey wrote:
On Tue, 09 Oct 2012 00:42:26 +0100
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
fred wrote:
On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my
eyes, only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold
through dodgy 'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first
generation Russ Andrews IMV.

Hmm. In the days when Blaupunkt were Blaupunkt, they were streets
ahead of the usual car radios made by Motorala and Radiomobile. Had
FM long before they did. And a decent quality audio amp too.

I still have, somewhere, a Germany-bought Blaupunkt car radio that would
stop the cassette playing when a traffic-news radio station started to
transmit the warning tone. This before any such system was available in
the UK.
And it does indeed have good audio quality. Must find it again.

I've got a reasonably recent Blaupunkt which includes DAB, as well as all
the other bands. Works very well. Although I'd guess it's made in the same
far east factories as most.

--
*You! Off my planet!

Old October 10th 12, 05:24 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rick[_10_]

"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote in message
fred wrote:
On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my eyes,
only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold through dodgy
'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first generation Russ
Andrews IMV.

Hmm. In the days when Blaupunkt were Blaupunkt, they were streets ahead of
the usual car radios made by Motorala and Radiomobile. Had FM long before
they did. And a decent quality audio amp too.

As a young man In the early nineteen sixties, I naively parted with a fair
bit of dosh in exchange for a secondhand Blaupunkt VHF 'valve' car radio,
VHF on a car radio was virtually unheard of in this country back then,
unfortunately because of the then horizontal polarisation, along with very
poor sensitivity, it never turned out to be very successful, even when used
in conjunction with one of those long bendy fibreglass aerials in all manner
of different configurations.

Old October 10th 12, 07:30 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

fred wrote:
[...]

Did you have it bent all the way over to the rear bumper?
--
Davey.
Old October 10th 12, 08:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

fred wrote:
On the Blaupunkt name I can't say it has ever been respected in my eyes,
only ref in my memory is overpriced car audio gear sold through dodgy
'whole service' dealers in high rent locations, first generation Russ
Andrews IMV.

Hmm. In the days when Blaupunkt were Blaupunkt, they were streets ahead
of
the usual car radios made by Motorala and Radiomobile. Had FM long before
they did. And a decent quality audio amp too.

As a young man In the early nineteen sixties, I naively parted with a fair
bit of dosh in exchange for a secondhand Blaupunkt VHF 'valve' car radio,

Hybrid (12V valves) or with a vibrator (oo-err missus)?

VHF on a car radio was virtually unheard of in this country back then,
unfortunately because of the then horizontal polarisation, along with very
poor sensitivity, it never turned out to be very successful, even when
used in conjunction with one of those long bendy fibreglass aerials in all
manner of different configurations.

You should have used a wire coat hanger. they're horizontally polarised.

--
Max Demian