Panasonic TV fault today

Old August 27th 12, 09:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Norman Wells[_6_]

Default Panasonic TV fault today

Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
Had a call from the parents saying their Panasonic Viera TV has
developed a fault. After about 10 minutes, it flips to saying
"No service", which is what would normally happen if you pull
out the aerial. However, another digital TV shows the aerial
signal is fine. Once it's gone "No service", it stays there
until you change channel, and you can then change back immediately
and the original channel is working again. It's 3 years into a
5 year guarantee, so I wasn't too worried.

This evening, I've just turned on my TV, which is an identical
model, same age, but different area of the country and transmitter.
Exactly the same fault.

Could it be that Panasonic have downloaded some buggy new firmware
to their TV's?

OK, looks like this is a widespread problem, but possibly only
with a few Panasonic models. Reset/retune makes no difference.
The consensus seems to be it's more likely to be a change the
BBC did yesterday than it is to be a buggy firmware update.
I emailed BBC transmitter engineering...

Got a reply today saying they believe the technical fault
has been resolved. Doesn't say anything about what the
fault was.

I haven't seen the problem since others here also reported
it had gone.

Spoke too soon, fault is back again tonight, possibly worse than
before. Goes to "No service" after probably only 5 minutes,
whereas before it was nearer 10-15 minutes. Noticed it on
BBC News, BBC1, and BBC2. This is first time I've watched TV since
Saturday, so not sure when the fault reappeared.

Same here

Old August 28th 12, 08:32 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.d-i-y
Derek F[_3_]

On 27/08/2012 21:42, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
[...]

Had same problem (Heathfield transmitter) last night. eventually changed
to HD and no more loss of signal. A seemingly old message on screen last
night and this morning saying 27/06/2012 you may need to retune.
Derek
Old August 29th 12, 05:51 PM
wayne smith wayne smith is offline
Junior Member

Same issue here Down in Dover Kent... Started after the olympics main channel affected is BBC three every 5 - 10 mins. No Service fixed by going up and down channels, signal strength 10/10..
Old August 29th 12, 10:40 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Monday, 27 August 2012 21:42:51 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,

(Andrew Gabriel) writes:

In article ,

(Andrew Gabriel) writes:

In article ,

--

Andrew Gabriel

Panasonic L26X10B (Purchased June 2009) model here with 1.009 software.

Same fault same symptoms on BBC channels. I've tried numerous retunes to no avail.
Old August 30th 12, 12:11 AM
Sam banter Sam banter is offline
Junior Member

Did you find a solution to this ?
My panasonic tv has been doing the same thing, probably since just after the olympics. Only ever happens when tuned to BBC channels.
One wierd thing for me though, I have a panasonic recorder fed from the same arial wire as the tv and this is not affected in the same way.

You say you contacted someone, have you got any contacts I could chase up ?

Yours hopefully
Sam
Old August 31st 12, 08:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew Gabriel

In article ,
writes:
On Monday, 27 August 2012 21:42:51 UTC+1, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
In article ,
(Andrew Gabriel) writes:
[...]

It seems to have gone away for me, at the moment.

Also got a reply from the BBC saying they are actively
working towards a resolution with the manufacturer.

--
Andrew Gabriel