BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

Old June 4th 12, 02:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Rick[_10_]

Default BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

..

Old June 4th 12, 03:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much before.
Every time I got interested they switched away to some z list celeb.
Must admit didn't think to trying Sky - ended up watching the tennis
on Eurosport..
--
Pete

Old June 4th 12, 03:34 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
R. Mark Clayton

wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much before.
Every time I got interested they switched away to some z list celeb.

Indeed - even Euro-news and France 24 had [interesting] live coverage when
the BBC was interviewing a wibbler.

Must admit didn't think to trying Sky -

$ky cuts away to adverts about half the time (well it feels like it)

ended up watching the tennis on Eurosport..

Wimbledum?

--
Pete

Old June 4th 12, 04:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much before.
Every time I got interested they switched away to some z list celeb.
Must admit didn't think to trying Sky - ended up watching the tennis
on Eurosport..

Glad we decided to go and watch it for real. Despite the weather it was
worth it.

--
*Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old June 4th 12, 04:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:34:08 +0100
"R. Mark Clayton" wrote:

wrote in message
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much
before. Every time I got interested they switched away to some z
list celeb.

Indeed - even Euro-news and France 24 had [interesting] live coverage
when the BBC was interviewing a wibbler.

Must admit didn't think to trying Sky -

$ky cuts away to adverts about half the time (well it feels like it)

ended up watching the tennis on Eurosport..

Wimbledum?

--
Pete

CBC.ca has it online, if you have another 3h 51m to spare. It can't be
worse than the BBC version, and probably has all the bits that we
didn't see.
http://www.cbc.ca/video/#/News/1221258968/ID=2242027131
If anybody watches it, let us know how it was.
--
Davey.
Old June 4th 12, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J G Miller[_3_]

On Monday, June 4th, 2012, at 16:52:40h +0100, Dave Plowman wrote:

Despite the weather it was worth it.

Especially as you were paying for it whether or not you watched it.

Old June 4th 12, 05:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan[_4_]

In message , Davey
wrote
On Mon, 04 Jun 2012 15:05:53 +0100
wrote:

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much before.
Every time I got interested they switched away to some z list celeb.
Must admit didn't think to trying Sky - ended up watching the tennis
on Eurosport..
--
Pete

In total agreement. We don't have Sky, so that was not an option.
A friend in Canada says coverage there was excellent. CBC has always
done these events well, and their Peter Mansbridge knows when to talk
and when to just let events tell themselves.

The C**P started early in the morning with breakfast news. One of the
main items was a 5 minute interview with someone that had made their own
bunting. Or, (paraphrasing) " "I'm on the banks of the Thames looking
out on the 1000s of boats that will be in the flotilla" - camera pans
to water where a few boats are moored up and probably in the same place
where they are moored the other 364 days a year.

Having hyped the whole event the BBC turned up on mass with
"celebrities" and then had bugger all to report. I must have heard them
all say " what a magnificent site" as each of them reported seeing a few
people in rowing boats approaching yet another bridge.
--
Alan
Old June 4th 12, 06:00 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan[_4_]

In message , Martin
wrote

Could you hear the bands and the orchestra?

There were no bands and orchestra - only annoyingly tuneless bells.

--
Alan
Old June 4th 12, 06:27 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan White[_2_]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:00:20 +0100, Alan wrote:

There were no bands and orchestra...

You missed the London Philharmonic then.

--
Alan White
Mozilla Firefox and Forte Agent.