BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

Old June 4th 12, 05:48 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan[_4_]

Default BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

In message , Martin
wrote

634x528.jpg

and the video here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...jubilee/930949
7/Thames-Diamond-Jubilee-River-Pageant-The-Highlights.html

Exactly, I've just watched that highlight video - where were all the
tall ships hyped last week? - where were all the powered craft? Just
repeated views of rowing boats and those bells!

I must admit i gave up after watching the live coverage about 1.5 hours
in.
--
Alan
Old June 4th 12, 06:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott[_2_]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 17:57:13 +0100, Alan
wrote:

[snip]

Having hyped the whole event the BBC turned up on mass with
"celebrities" and then had bugger all to report. I must have heard them
all say " what a magnificent site" as each of them reported seeing a few
people in rowing boats approaching yet another bridge.

Don't pay too much attention to the subtitles. I'm sure they meant
'what a magnificent sight' :-)
Old June 4th 12, 07:33 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 15:34:08 +0100, "R. Mark Clayton"
wrote:

wrote in message
.. .
On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 14:22:53 +0100, "Rick" wrote:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/the_queens_diamond_jubilee/9310251/Diamond-Jubilee-criticism-grows-of-BBCs-lamentable-coverage.html

In complete agreement. I don't think I've sworn at TV so much before.
Every time I got interested they switched away to some z list celeb.

Indeed - even Euro-news and France 24 had [interesting] live coverage when
the BBC was interviewing a wibbler.

Must admit didn't think to trying Sky -

$ky cuts away to adverts about half the time (well it feels like it)

ended up watching the tennis on Eurosport..

Wimbledum?

No, French Open.
--
Pete

Old June 4th 12, 07:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Davey

On Mon, 4 Jun 2012 18:48:23 +0100
Alan wrote:

In message , Martin
wrote

634x528.jpg

and the video here
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...jubilee/930949
7/Thames-Diamond-Jubilee-River-Pageant-The-Highlights.html

Exactly, I've just watched that highlight video - where were all the
tall ships hyped last week? - where were all the powered craft? Just
repeated views of rowing boats and those bells!

I must admit i gave up after watching the live coverage about 1.5
hours in.

I only found out by hearing one quick comment that the Tall Ships, and
presumably the other sailing vessels, were moored in an Avenue of Sail.
I don't remember any mention of that early on, and we were watching for
them especially.
--
Davey.
Old June 5th 12, 12:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Alan wrote:

"celebrities" and then had bugger all to report. I must have heard them
all say " what a magnificent site"

Sight.

Old June 5th 12, 06:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
mikeos

On 04/06/2012 23:28, Martin wrote:

No, French Open.

On ITV4. What is this Eurosport of which he spoke? Did we get nul points?

Andy Murray won.

Oh! NOW you've spoilt it! (Sulk)
Old June 5th 12, 07:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Too much is not beter. They seemed to have wall to wall celebs, too many
cameras, a duff day and no sense of direction at all.
ITN feed was apparently far better. Who was using it though, apart from the
media and overseas.
Skys commentary seemed relaxed and refreshing.

From the sofa of Brian Gaff -

Blind user, so no pictures please!

.

Old June 5th 12, 08:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Taylor[_2_]

On 2012-06-05, Bill Wright wrote:
Alan wrote:

"celebrities" and then had bugger all to report. I must have heard them
all say " what a magnificent site"

Sight.

Cite?

--
David Taylor
Old June 5th 12, 09:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , David
Taylor writes

What a magnificent load of ****e?