BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

Old June 10th 12, 12:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Grimly Curmudgeon[_2_]

Default BBC's jubilee coverage receiving lots of flak.

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:37:19 +0200, Martin wrote:

of Sky

Maybe there are 10,268,000 secret subscribers.

I've been a Sky viewer for a couple of decades, but only bothered
paying a sub for a couple of those years. Especially in the past few
years, the FTA content is quite sufficient for me to be totally
uninterested in enriching the Dirty Digger, and in earlier years the
German channels provided hours of fascinating viewing.
I suppose I'm included in the Sky figures, one way or other, for they
will estimate how many legacy systems are still in use and the
likelihood of those viewers watching even just one of the free Sky
bouquet, like Sky News.
Old June 10th 12, 01:10 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Stephen Wolstenholme[_2_]

On Sun, 10 Jun 2012 13:50:02 +0100, Grimly Curmudgeon
wrote:

On Fri, 08 Jun 2012 09:37:19 +0200, Martin wrote:

of Sky

Maybe there are 10,268,000 secret subscribers.

I've been a Sky viewer for a couple of decades, but only bothered
paying a sub for a couple of those years. Especially in the past few
years, the FTA content is quite sufficient for me to be totally
uninterested in enriching the Dirty Digger, and in earlier years the
German channels provided hours of fascinating viewing.
I suppose I'm included in the Sky figures, one way or other, for they
will estimate how many legacy systems are still in use and the
likelihood of those viewers watching even just one of the free Sky
bouquet, like Sky News.

If Sky count everyone who has ever subscribed rather than the current
subscribers it may explain their figures.

Steve

--
Neural Network Software. http://www.npsl1.com