Digital Switchover + Ariel

Old April 21st 12, 01:22 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

Default Digital Switchover + Ariel

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
Andy Burns wrote:
Bill Wright wrote:

species8350 wrote:

I can get some some weak, or in some case no reception, from another
transmitter which is about 90 degree off axis.
I don't want to effect the forward gain at all, but I was wondering if
I fixed a reflector above the aerial to concentrate the signals at 90
degree on to the dipole (or the directors, not sure which would be
better)

Don't do it.

Apparently you gave the wrong advice Bill, apparently what you should
have said was "Wait a couple of weeks and ask the same question in a DIY
group".

Ha! Aren't people stupid sometimes! Ask someone who knows, get an answer
you don't like; ask someone who doesn't know until you get the answer
you want. Reminiscent of those who bounce from convention medicine to
'alternative' medicine.

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's nice to have your fixed
thoughts about the stupidity of people reinforced.

Bill

He's now in UK D-I-Y asking identical questions and also been in a local
group here and despite repeated requests he won't tell us the Tx's
involved ..

can't think why he can't answer such a simple question?//...
--
Tony Sayer

Old April 21st 12, 08:37 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

tony sayer wrote:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's nice to have your fixed
thoughts about the stupidity of people reinforced.

Bill

He's now in UK D-I-Y asking identical questions and also been in a local
group here and despite repeated requests he won't tell us the Tx's
involved ..

can't think why he can't answer such a simple question?//...

Could you refer me to any amusing answers he receives?

Old April 21st 12, 08:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Bill Wright wrote:
tony sayer wrote:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's nice to have your
fixed thoughts about the stupidity of people reinforced.

Bill

He's now in UK D-I-Y asking identical questions and also been in a local
group here and despite repeated requests he won't tell us the Tx's
involved ..
can't think why he can't answer such a simple question?//...

Could you refer me to any amusing answers he receives?

Bill

PS: I do look at that group but there are just so many messages...

Old April 21st 12, 09:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
tony sayer

In article , Bill Wright
scribeth thus
tony sayer wrote:

Thanks for bringing that to my attention. It's nice to have your fixed
thoughts about the stupidity of people reinforced.

Bill

He's now in UK D-I-Y asking identical questions and also been in a local
group here and despite repeated requests he won't tell us the Tx's
involved ..

can't think why he can't answer such a simple question?//...

Could you refer me to any amusing answers he receives?

Bill

Well from what I've now read by another poster he does have a gen
problem in trying to receive a relay that is a 6 MUX rather than the
Three MUX one he is on. Saltdean and Whitehawk Hill near Brighton.

Seems he's in rented accommodation and seemingly cannot do much with the
aerial...

--
Tony Sayer