TOT diesel prices

Old January 26th 12, 11:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

Default TOT diesel prices

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Old January 27th 12, 12:35 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alan[_4_]

In message , Bill Wright
wrote
Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

No problems down sarf . A few petrol station started running out of
fuel yesterday but today deliveries as normal.

--
Alan
Old January 27th 12, 12:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J G Miller[_3_]

On Friday, January 27th, 2012, at 00:31:15h +0000, Bill Wright asked:

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Yes, such items on the news are a great motivation for service stations
to increase the price because the public are expecting them to do just that.
Old January 27th 12, 06:50 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

"J G Miller" wrote in message ...

On Friday, January 27th, 2012, at 00:31:15h +0000, Bill Wright asked:

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Yes, such items on the news are a great motivation for service stations
to increase the price because the public are expecting them to do just
that.

In that case, Tesco in Winchester and Evesham didn't disappoint me with
their extra 1ppl on diesel!

Old January 27th 12, 07:49 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian Jackson[_2_]

In message , Doctor D
writes

"J G Miller" wrote in message ...

On Friday, January 27th, 2012, at 00:31:15h +0000, Bill Wright asked:

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Yes, such items on the news are a great motivation for service stations
to increase the price because the public are expecting them to do just
that.

In that case, Tesco in Winchester and Evesham didn't disappoint me with
their extra 1ppl on diesel!

When the problems were first announced (Tuesday, was it?), all day long
London's local radio station, LBC, was putting out strident headline FUD
news every 15 minutes, saying that fuel prices were expected to rise
considerably. This was despite several statements that there were
contingency plans in hand, that various negotiations were underway with
other companies interested in taking one the refinery, and that there
should be no significant disruption to supplies.
--
Ian
Old January 27th 12, 12:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Casey[_2_]

In article ,
lid says...

On Fri, 27 Jan 2012 00:31:15 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Opportunism? It has gone up in The Netherlands too. Fear of a
blockade?
Fuel prices are here.
http://www.theaa.com/motoring_advice/fuel/

Thank you for reminding me why I'm not an AA member ...

"Up-to-date UK and overseas fuel price reports."

Last updated 18th November 2011

I was interested to see the price of fuel in France and Belgium at the
moment but, as well as being grossly out of date, all it says is: "The
UK has the seventh highest petrol price in Europe and the second highest
diesel price."

--

Terry
Old January 27th 12, 05:05 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
David Kennedy[_2_]

Doctor D wrote:

"J G Miller" wrote in message ...

On Friday, January 27th, 2012, at 00:31:15h +0000, Bill Wright asked:

Diesel has gone up a penny here in S Yorks. Knock-on from the refinery
problem down south?

Yes, such items on the news are a great motivation for service stations
to increase the price because the public are expecting them to do just
that.

In that case, Tesco in Winchester and Evesham didn't disappoint me with
their extra 1ppl on diesel!

I think you'll find that Tesco rarely disappoint when it comes to taking
your money...

--
David Kennedy

http://www.anindianinexile.com
Old January 27th 12, 08:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Champ[_2_]

On 27/01/2012 13:02, Terry Casey wrote:
"Up-to-date UK and overseas fuel price reports."

Try petrolprices.com.

Andy
Old February 1st 12, 02:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dickie mint

Having just got back from 3 weeks in Malta, I was intrigued to note that
Diesel is cheaper than Petrol there! Presumeably a government subsidy thing?

Richard
Old February 1st 12, 02:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J G Miller[_3_]

On Wednesday, February 1st, 2012, at 15:29:53h +0000,
Dickie Mint observed:

Having just got back from 3 weeks in Malta, I was intrigued to
note that Diesel is cheaper than Petrol there!

I may be wrong, but is not the UKofGB&NI the only EU member state
where diesel is more expensive?