Humax PVR-9200T - new software

Old June 9th 10, 11:07 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

Default Humax PVR-9200T - new software

A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and front
panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it in
about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box crashes.)

--
Max Demian

Old June 9th 10, 11:19 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Max Demian" wrote in message
A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and
front panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it
in about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box
crashes.)

--
Max Demian

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried this new software and how it's
gone for them, I know some folks had used the beta but I'll wait until I
hear how others get on with it.

Jim

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5184 (20100609) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old June 9th 10, 11:53 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:19:35 +0100, "Jim"
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and
front panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it
in about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box
crashes.)

--
Max Demian

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried this new software and how it's
gone for them, I know some folks had used the beta but I'll wait until I
hear how others get on with it.

I got it OTA this morning. It's too soon to comment except to say "so
far, so good".

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 11:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith[_2_]

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried this new software and how it's
gone for them, I know some folks had used the beta but I'll wait until I
hear how others get on with it.

I've been using the Beta and it's a big improvement on the pre-beta stuff.
I did miss one recording with it but I'm not sure whether that was the
Humax's fault or whether I just didn't restore the scheduled recording after
doing a full reset.

Paul DS

Old June 9th 10, 12:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ian

In message , Peter Duncanson
writes
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Mine didn't find any new software, so I assume that it's the same as the
update I installed last week.
--
Ian
Old June 9th 10, 02:35 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 13:04:50 +0100, Ian wrote:

In message , Peter Duncanson
writes
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Very likely. It is PGXTF 1.00.23 dated 20 MAY 2010.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 02:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Jim" wrote in message

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Took the plunge and all seems well, it did advise me to do a reset but don't
want to if I can avoid it, should i take the on screen advise and do a reset
or should I be ok just leaving things as they are?

Old June 9th 10, 03:17 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Wilf[_2_]

Peter Duncanson wrote:
Mine didn't find any new software, so I assume that it's the same as the
update I installed last week.

Very likely. It is PGXTF 1.00.23 dated 20 MAY 2010.

Exactly what I have found - didn't find software - so I assume the
"beta" version 23 is the same as the OTA version 23
--
Wilf
Old June 9th 10, 03:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Roger Wilmut

In article , Jim
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Took the plunge and all seems well, it did advise me to do a reset but don't
want to if I can avoid it, should i take the on screen advise and do a reset
or should I be ok just leaving things as they are?

Jim

It's probably worth doing. You won't lose any existing recordings, but
it will rescan for stations and will reset all the settings; it will
also clear the recording schedule so you will need to make that again
and if necessary alter things like TV screen shape, UHF output
frequency, whether you want auto-padding and so on. It only took me a
few minutes to do this (go through your settings first and make a note
of them).
Old June 9th 10, 03:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:28:06 +0100, Roger Wilmut
wrote:

In article , Jim
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Took the plunge and all seems well, it did advise me to do a reset but don't
want to if I can avoid it, should i take the on screen advise and do a reset
or should I be ok just leaving things as they are?

Jim

It's probably worth doing. You won't lose any existing recordings, but
it will rescan for stations and will reset all the settings; it will
also clear the recording schedule so you will need to make that again
and if necessary alter things like TV screen shape, UHF output
frequency, whether you want auto-padding and so on. It only took me a
few minutes to do this (go through your settings first and make a note
of them).

If you have digital camera handy you can use that to "make a note of the
settings". (Don't use the flash!)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)