Humax PVR-9200T - new software

Old June 9th 10, 03:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
killjoy[_2_]

Default Humax PVR-9200T - new software

On 09/06/2010 16:28, Roger Wilmut wrote:
It's probably worth doing. You won't lose any existing recordings, but
it will rescan for stations and will reset all the settings; it will
also clear the recording schedule so you will need to make that again
and if necessary alter things like TV screen shape, UHF output
frequency, whether you want auto-padding and so on. It only took me a
few minutes to do this (go through your settings first and make a note
of them).

And don't forget to turn the volume control back to max.

Old June 9th 10, 05:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:07:43 +0100, "Max Demian"
wrote:

A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and front
panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it in
about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box crashes.)

I've just used the Humax PVR-9200T USB connection to transfer 3 recorded
programmes to a PC. The files were 1591 MB, 2279 MB and 1962 MB. These
transfers went without a single error and therefore no need to repeat.

This has never happened before. I normally have to split files into 400
to 500 MB chunks and transfer those individually usually with two
attempts at each.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 05:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Max Demian

wrote:

[...]

It's often recommended that you switch the Humax to 'games mode' while doing
transfers.

--
Max Demian

Old June 9th 10, 05:53 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 18:32:21 +0100, "Max Demian"
wrote:

.. .
wrote:

[...]

Yes. I didn't do anything special this time. The box was tuned to Sky
News. I thought I'd just see how the latest software would handle a
longish transfer. I tried one - OK, then a longer - OK, and then the
longest - still OK.

This may be a fluke, but it is encouraging.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Peter Duncanson" wrote in message
On Wed, 09 Jun 2010 16:28:06 +0100, Roger Wilmut
wrote:

In article , Jim
wrote:

"Jim" wrote in message
Took the plunge and all seems well, it did advise me to do a reset but
don't
want to if I can avoid it, should i take the on screen advise and do a
reset
or should I be ok just leaving things as they are?

Jim

It's probably worth doing. You won't lose any existing recordings, but
it will rescan for stations and will reset all the settings; it will
also clear the recording schedule so you will need to make that again
and if necessary alter things like TV screen shape, UHF output
frequency, whether you want auto-padding and so on. It only took me a
few minutes to do this (go through your settings first and make a note
of them).

If you have digital camera handy you can use that to "make a note of the
settings". (Don't use the flash!)

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)

Thanks for the tip Peter (and killjoy) used the camera for my settings, done
full rescan amazing how much **** is on freeview ain't it (time to hide some
of those channels I think).

Jim

__________ Information from ESET Smart Security, version of virus signature database 5185 (20100609) __________

http://www.eset.com

Old June 9th 10, 06:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Jeff Layman[_2_]

"Max Demian" wrote in message
A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and
front panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it
in about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box
crashes.)

Anyone else get this notice at the end of the Update?

Notice
Expected Date 01:00:00, 01/01/2013 for 11:59:50
Network change notification; enhanced network
configuration; Version 2.0 Network change notification;
enhanced network configuration; Version 2.0
OK

--

Jeff

Old June 9th 10, 06:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

"Jeff Layman" wrote in message
"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Yes i got that as well Jeff, seems to be working so far (but early days i
guess)

Old June 9th 10, 07:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 19:56:34 +0100, "Jeff Layman"
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

I didn't notice anything like that.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 07:42 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
[...]

Yes. What does it mean?

I'm now wondering why I didn't see it. I left the box to do the update
while I did things elsewhere in the house. Perhaps that notice was
displayed for only a limited time and came and went while I was out of
the room.

--
Peter Duncanson
(in uk.tech.digital-tv)
Old June 9th 10, 07:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott

On Wed, 9 Jun 2010 12:19:35 +0100, "Jim"
wrote:

"Max Demian" wrote in message
A new version of software (1.00.23) is available for OTA download on the
Humax PVR-9200T until 9am this Friday.

It fixes the problem of slow response to commands from the remote and
front panel which many people have experienced since the last major retune
(30.09.09).

Also, the EPG is saved to HDD when you switch to standby, and reloads it
in about half a minute when you switch out of standby, which is useful.
(Initial loading of the EPG takes quite a long time - an hour or so - but
this doesn't matter as you only have to do it once unless the box
crashes.)

--
Max Demian

I was just about to ask if anyone had tried this new software and how it's
gone for them, I know some folks had used the beta but I'll wait until I
hear how others get on with it.

I have installed it successfully without incident.