Slow Humax PVR 9200

Old March 4th 18, 03:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andrew[_6_]

Default Susceptible to anything

On 04/03/2018 11:21, wrote:
We have two Humax boxes, because my wife knew someone who had one and showed her haw to work it. They are both the most unutterably unfit rubbish. Even 5 Watts on any frequency from my Amateur Radio transmitter destroys the received picture. The permitted 400 W ? One's mind boggles. All five TV receivers are immune, as they should be by law. With the TV antenna passing through the Humax junk, even if it's switched off, the TV connected is unusable. All customary filters, ferrite applications and so on are to no avail.

Attempts to communicate with the makers are useless, it's like trying to deal with Micro$oft. A different PVR - with far better facilities - generates no EMC problems.

My two humax boxes have worked flawlessly since 2006 and 2012.
Old March 5th 18, 08:34 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv

I've heard this before. I believe but cannot be sure that they are using a
cheap Chinese SDR for the receiver which has no filters at the front end.
Quite why this should affect signals merely going through it is not known
unless they have an amp inside with no headroom and no filters also.

Like I say I've heard of this issue before form somebody who works next to a
taxi transmitter site on top of a station.

Old March 5th 18, 08:07 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Woody[_5_]

Does the Humax(s) have an earth through the aerial system to make the
box screen better?

--
Woody

harrogate3 at ntlworld dot com