No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

Old February 11th 10, 03:52 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Old February 11th 10, 08:48 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul D.Smith[_2_]

" wrote in message
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

I thought bolting into a chimney was something of a no-no as well.

Paul DS.

Old February 11th 10, 09:20 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Feb 11, 8:48*am, "Paul D.Smith" wrote:
" wrote in message
I thought bolting into a chimney was something of a no-no as well.

IMO it's a matter of 'if in doubt don't'.

Old February 11th 10, 10:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
fred

In article
,
writes
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Did they really have a 20' mast hanging off a pair of wire secured
brackets only a foot apart?
--
fred
Old February 11th 10, 10:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Dave Plowman (News)

In article ,
Paul D.Smith wrote:

" wrote in message
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

I thought bolting into a chimney was something of a no-no as well.

It certainly would be here with lime mortar. Perhaps the lashings above
and below help keep things together. ;-)

My large rotatable dish is chimney mounted with a heavy duty strap lashing
kit and seems ok. But on a quadruple chimney.

Paul DS.

--
*I almost had a psychic girlfriend but she left me before we met *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Old February 11th 10, 04:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

" wrote in message
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but also
some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic aerials.

Old February 11th 10, 09:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
martin willmott

On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced. The house is surrounded by high trees,
there was no option but to put it on the chimney, so you never forget
to tape a plug, you never under any circumstances bolt a dish to a
chimney, well I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about
getting a life instead of nit picking at others, I guarantee all my
work, I honour every single guarantee, promptly, recalls are rare but
I bet even you mr perfect get one or two? Up yours!
Old February 11th 10, 09:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article
,
martin willmott wrote:
On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced.

how does that stop corrostion of the screen connection?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

Old February 11th 10, 10:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Doctor D" wrote in message

" wrote in message
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but
also some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic
aerials.

Well log periodic do have their uses but they're not good for weak signal
areas.

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter veer.

Old February 11th 10, 10:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
IanT

"martin willmott" wrote in message
On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced. The house is surrounded by high trees,
there was no option but to put it on the chimney, so you never forget
to tape a plug, you never under any circumstances bolt a dish to a
chimney, well I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about
getting a life instead of nit picking at others, I guarantee all my
work, I honour every single guarantee, promptly, recalls are rare but
I bet even you mr perfect get one or two? Up yours!

Unfortunately some people spend a lot of time slagging others off
in this group. Bill often goes on about going out to correct aerial
installations and how a lot of people are cowboys. What he has NEVER
done is name any company he claims have corrected work for. Not
once has he said anything about work installed by other companies
because they would sue him. I don't believe how perfect Bill is either,
he sounds like he wants everyone to think he is. We are all still
waiting for the many names of companies that have installed unsuitable
equipment that Bill has charged to "correct". I think it will be funny to
see someone we all know about on ROGUE TRADERS! Let's see
how perfect those claiming to be really are.
One day Bill, you will upset the wrong people.