No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

Old February 15th 10, 05:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 14:47:24 -0000, "Steve Thackery"
wrote:

"-GB-Carpy" wrote in message

Here's the size I use.
http://www.leofixings.com/productdet...rodCode=gUOLJD

That's great - thanks Carpy.

Screwfix sell something very similar called "Multi-Monti'.
I've not used them for dishes but they are certainly very strong
fixings.
Old February 15th 10, 05:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 12:38*am, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:
What's a top poster?

http://www.idallen.com/topposting.html

Oh dear. It WAS a joke, albeit a poor one. Given the excessive debate
on this topic over the years I thought we all knew what it was.

Old February 15th 10, 07:23 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Burns[_7_]

wrote:

Oh dear. It WAS a joke

Sorry, obviously I had difficulty hearing t' tongue stuck in t' cheek
wi' t' accent an' all.

Old February 15th 10, 07:52 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
martin willmott

On 12 Feb, 11:41, wrote:
On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:15:59 -0800 (PST), martin willmott

wrote:

A "fallen analogue aerial".

http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue1.htm

Well done. It takes a real pro to distinguish analogue and digital
yagis from ground level.

taking the ****?
Old February 15th 10, 09:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J G Miller[_3_]

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:45:01 +0000, Mike Henry wrote:

there is no such thing as an analogue aerial.

No I am confused.

I thought all aerials were analogue, and that it was digital
aerials which were a figment of the marketing department's imagination.
Old February 15th 10, 11:44 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Feb 15, 8:23*pm, Andy Burns wrote:
wrote:
Oh dear. It WAS a joke

Sorry, obviously I had difficulty hearing t' tongue stuck in t' cheek
wi' t' accent an' all.

That made me laugh, so all's well that ends well.

Old February 16th 10, 07:33 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
-[_2_]

"Ivan" wrote in message
om...

"-GB-Carpy" wrote in message

Here's the size I use.
http://www.leofixings.com/productdet...rodCode=gUOLJD

They are about 16p each + VAT, and the size above (9x60) is perfect for
all Sky dish fixing brackets. You just mark out one hole with the bracket
in place, remove bracket, drill 8mm hole, fix bracket with one bolt, then
you can drill and fix the other 3 with the bracket still in place.

I've been singing their praises on here for a while, but not sure if
anyone else has actually succumbed to them yet!

I've often wondered about that type of fixing when used on the centre of a
brick, because of the frog the face itself is not always as solid as most
people imagine, with other types of fixing one gets the feeling that at
least the end of the plug/insert will tend to expand more inside the thin
or hollow bits which will provide a bit of added security against them
pulling out, BTW I'm not suggesting that my theory is correct, but that's
just how it seems.

Stop hypothesizing and go and test a few! You will soon be converted.

Old February 16th 10, 11:24 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Feb 16, 8:33*am, "-GB-Carpy" wrote:
"Ivan" wrote in message

om...

"-GB-Carpy" wrote in message

Here's the size I use.
http://www.leofixings.com/productdet...2&level=2&catc...

[...]

Stop hypothesizing and go and test a few! You will soon be converted.- Hide quoted text -

As Aristotle said, "Why argue about the number of teeth a horse has
when there's one in the stable?"

Old February 16th 10, 01:19 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
J G Miller[_3_]

On Tue, 16 Feb 2010 04:24:50 -0800, wrote:

As Aristotle said, "Why argue about the number of teeth a horse has when
there's one in the stable?"

But is the tooth in the stable, a horse's tooth?
Old February 16th 10, 04:08 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Graham C

On Mon, 15 Feb 2010 21:45:01 +0000, Mike Henry
wrote:

wrote:

http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue1.htm

He's just pointing out the obvious, ie there is no such thing as an
analogue aerial.

On the 'digital' page of the Buckby site it clearly states:

'Aerials are different, your conventional aerial is banded (set to
receive the part of the band which your local transmitter uses)
Digital transmissions come from the same transmitter but use all or a
different part of the tuning band that your conventional aerial cannot
see very well'

It's on the internet, hence it must be correct !

Is there hope?

GrahamC