No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

Old February 12th 10, 12:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

Default No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

wrote:

Also I'm amazed that one transmitter is using such widely spaces channels.

Can anyone beat Crosspool: 21 to 67?

Rowridge used to equal that, until they moved the BBC Mux from 67 down to 23.

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old February 12th 10, 12:59 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mark Carver

wrote:

Can anyone beat Crosspool: 21 to 67?

Bressay, 21-68

DTT 21, 24, 31, 27, 66, 68

Ana 22, 25, 28, 32

--
Mark

www.paras.org.uk
Old February 12th 10, 01:16 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

"Mark Carver" wrote in message

Can anyone beat Crosspool: 21 to 67?

Bressay, 21-68

DTT 21, 24, 31, 27, 66, 68

Ana 22, 25, 28, 32

I had my money on you coming up with a suitable contender Mark!

Old February 12th 10, 02:32 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
martin willmott

On 11 Feb, 21:26, charles wrote:
In article
,
* *martin willmott wrote:

On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced.

how does that stop corrostion of the screen connection?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

like I said, I forgot the tape! Have you never forgotten anything? It
happens! if there is a problem I will fix it! wtf is this? you bored?
With all the problems in the world today all you concern yourself with
is a bit of missing tape! Grow up and get a life!
Old February 12th 10, 02:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article
,
martin willmott wrote:
On 11 Feb, 21:26, charles wrote:
In article
,
martin willmott wrote:

On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill
Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced.

how does that stop corrostion of the screen connection?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

like I said, I forgot the tape!

but then you implied it didn't matter because the cable had a solid inner.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

Old February 12th 10, 03:11 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Steve Thackery[_2_]

"martin willmott" wrote in message

like I said, I forgot the tape! Have you never forgotten anything? It
happens! if there is a problem I will fix it! wtf is this? you bored?
With all the problems in the world today all you concern yourself with
is a bit of missing tape! Grow up and get a life!

Martin,

I'm just a bystander in this debate, and I'm not a professional aerial
rigger. But as a bystander and (for all you know) a potential customer,
I've got to say that your stroppy and defensive reactions really create a
very poor impression and are VERY unprofessional.

All you needed to say was "Good call, Bill, thank you. It's an oversight on
my part and I'll put it right. Thanks for pointing it out." Instead you
said ".....I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about getting a life
instead of nit picking at others.....".

Have you ANY idea how bad that sounds, coming from a professional aerial
rigging company?

Oh, just a little thing which has been pointed out already: all your
examples of *good* work are shown on pages with 'rogue' in the URL. This
looks odd, and I suggest you split out the rogue examples and photos of your
own work into two separate areas of the website, so viewers don't get
confused.

SteveT

Old February 12th 10, 03:26 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 16:11:22 -0000, "Steve Thackery"
wrote:

Oh, just a little thing which has been pointed out already: all your
examples of *good* work are shown on pages with 'rogue' in the URL.

A freudian slip?
Old February 12th 10, 03:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Anth[_3_]

"martin willmott" wrote in message

like I said, I forgot the tape! Have you never forgotten anything? It
happens! if there is a problem I will fix it! wtf is this? you bored?
With all the problems in the world today all you concern yourself with
is a bit of missing tape! Grow up and get a life!

The point is though Martin, that bit of missing 'water proof' amalgam tape
can mean that even the slightest ingress of water into a voltage carrying
connector can within a few months become a corroded mass of Verdigris,
something I've seen on a number of occasions, and as you seem to be the kind
of fellow who wouldn't charge a customer a call out fee to correct a problem
that was your doing, then I would have thought that 'not forgetting' would
obviously save the customer hassle and yourself the wasted time and expense
of a unnecessary call out.

Old February 12th 10, 04:50 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Vic

On 12/02/2010 3:32 PM, martin willmott wrote:
On 11 Feb, 21:26, wrote:
In article
,
martin wrote:

On 11 Feb, 03:52, m
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill
Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced.

how does that stop corrostion of the screen connection?

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

like I said, I forgot the tape! Have you never forgotten anything? It
happens! if there is a problem I will fix it! wtf is this? you bored?
With all the problems in the world today all you concern yourself with
is a bit of missing tape! Grow up and get a life!

I would have thought that it would have been preferable to have thanked
Bill for pointing out the error, then return to the customer and
correcting the missing tape and clips. That would have been better than
continuing to dig the hole you are in even deeper. Think of the number
of plus points that could have earned you. Customer recommendations will
gain you far more work than a poorly thought-out website...........
Old February 12th 10, 11:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
widgitt

I would have thought that it would have been preferable to have thanked
Bill for pointing out the error, then return to the customer and
correcting the missing tape and clips. That would have been better than
continuing to dig the hole you are in even deeper. Think of the number
of plus points that could have earned you.

I quite agree.

Whilst we are nit picking, (and I was trying not to but you seemed to
be asking for it), one of my first ways of spotting a suspect job is
to look for an untaped F plug. It often means one that no one bothered
to tighten up with a spanner as well as they were in too much of a
hurry. (Just look at the dishes installed by the biggest installer of
all!)

Just looking at this pic:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue6.htm

The clues to me would be:
1) The cable tie attaching the amp has not been trimmed.
2) The taping would be much neater if it were equally spaced.
3) The lashing wire looks pretty untidy wound back along its length.