No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

Old February 11th 10, 10:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

Default No waterproofing on the f conn and no cable clips?

On Feb 11, 10:55*pm, "IanT" wrote:
"martin willmott" wrote in message

On 11 Feb, 03:52, "
wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Martin, are you aware that there are two people called Bill in this
group? My own comment has been confined to 'no waterproofing of the
'f' connector and no cable clips?' I didn't criticise you for it, I
merely pointed it out, although of course you know it's very poor
work. I find it surprising that you put pics of bad work on your
website.

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing

I'm not sure what you're saying. If one is missing from a set of four
there are three. I've looked very closely and it looks like three
bolts and an empty hole to me.

and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced.

It doesn't matter.

The house is surrounded by high trees,
there was no option but to put it on the chimney,

Fair enough. I often put dishes on chimneys, if I'm happy that the
chimney will stand it. In this case I'd be far more worried about the
tall mast, which is on a very small chimney for the load it will
impose, with the brackets much too close. The rule of thumb is 1ft
between the brackets for every seven feet of height.

The dish in your picture should have been installed one or two courses
of bricks lower. This would have reduced the visual impact and
possibly helped it stand up to the wind. It would also have made it
more secure because there would have been more weight on the bricks to
which it was attached.

so you never forget
to tape a plug,

I don't think I do actually, which is quite surprising really.

you never under any circumstances bolt a dish to a
chimney,

See above.

well I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about
getting a life instead of nit picking at others,

I don't nit pick on my website, I merely point out gross unforgivable
errors. Mentioning that you have left the f connector unprotected and
that you've left the cable insecure is not nit picking. These are
serious faults.

I guarantee all my
work, I honour every single guarantee, promptly,

Having a good honest attitude does not make you a competent installer.
Your heart is in the right place but I honestly think you could
improve your installation skills.

recalls are rare but
I bet even you mr perfect get one or two?

Of course, how could it be otherwise? We all suffer faulty amplifiers
etc, and make mistakes, and have confused people as customers.

Up yours!

Thank you. As you might know I'm always ready for a cheap thrill.

Unfortunately some people spend a lot of time slagging others off
in this group. *Bill often goes on about going out to correct aerial
installations and how a lot of people are cowboys. *What he has NEVER
done is name any company he claims have corrected work for. *Not
once has he said anything about work installed by other companies
because they would sue him. *I don't believe how perfect Bill is either,
he sounds like he wants everyone to think he is. *We are all still
waiting for the many names of companies that have installed unsuitable
equipment that Bill has charged to "correct". *I think it will be funny to
see someone we all know about on ROGUE TRADERS! *Let's see
how perfect those claiming to be really are.
One day Bill, you will upset the wrong people.

You remind me of someone. Who could it be?

http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue3.htm
How is this aerial attached to the chimney?

Old February 12th 10, 12:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gregory [UK]

wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced. The house is surrounded by high trees,
there was no option but to put it on the chimney, so you never forget
to tape a plug, you never under any circumstances bolt a dish to a
chimney, well I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about
getting a life instead of nit picking at others, I guarantee all my
work, I honour every single guarantee, promptly, recalls are rare but
I bet even you mr perfect get one or two? Up yours!

I'd wouldn't use you now.
I'd be scared to shout and swear at me if I pointed out something I didn't
approve of.

A good aerial installation can easily last 30 years. Do you provide 30 years
guarantee?

Why do you use file names beginning "rouge" for web pages with pictures of
your own work?

--

Brian Gregory. (In the UK)

To email me remove the letter vee.

Old February 12th 10, 12:42 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gregory [UK]

wrote:
[...]

The absurd laws in this country as they are at the moment mean he is wise
not to name and shame.

Old February 12th 10, 08:06 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

Bill

How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but
also some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic
aerials.

Well log periodic do have their uses but they're not good for weak signal
areas.

Whilst I would agree that they don't have the gain of a Yagi, they are
useful around here even in weak signal areas as channel allocation runs from
C21 to C63.
I have ended up with a better balance of levels by using a LP and low noise
amplifier, rather than a wideband Yagi with very low gain at C21.

Old February 12th 10, 08:09 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Crosland

wrote:
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue9.htm

Bill

Firstly there are 4 bolts although the one does appear to be missing
and yes you are right I forgot to tape the f connector, but then it is
solid cable, not air spaced. The house is surrounded by high trees,
there was no option but to put it on the chimney, so you never forget
to tape a plug, you never under any circumstances bolt a dish to a
chimney, well I wish I was as f**king perfect as you! How about
getting a life instead of nit picking at others, I guarantee all my
work, I honour every single guarantee, promptly, recalls are rare but
I bet even you mr perfect get one or two? Up yours!

Stones and glass houses comes to mind. Your site has other examples of
unsatisfactory work such as long thin masts on chimneys, and insufficient
lashings. If you did indeed substitute a dish because the long mast and
preamp was not good enough then why did you leave the leave the dodgy mast
in situ?

Peter Crosland

Old February 12th 10, 09:57 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article , wrote:
On 12 Feb, "Doctor D" wrote:

Whilst I would agree that they don't have the gain of a Yagi, they are
useful around here even in weak signal areas as channel allocation runs
from C21 to C63. I have ended up with a better balance of levels by
using a LP and low noise amplifier, rather than a wideband Yagi with
very low gain at C21.

I've recently replaced my loft aerial, a supposedly high gain contract
yagi with an external log (and new feeder), as after DSO a group A is not
enough. There is more signal from the log, allowing me to dispense with
the distribution amp and substitute a 4 way splitter, retaining a
decoding margin of over 18dB with the current low power MUXs.

Field strength is good, I'm about 12 miles LOS from a 500kw main station.
Slight ghosting was a problem with the analogue. I haven't looked too
closely since I changed the aerial but it's no worse.

Remember that roofing material can attenuate signals to a very significant
extent. In upper band V it can easily be a 20dB loss. Red concrete roof
tile, widely used in the 60s, 70s and 80s, go their colour from iron oxide
(aka rust). many modern roof tiles have metal reinforcing layer inside.
And if teh roff inslation has metal foil involved .......

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.16

Old February 12th 10, 10:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Brian Gregory [UK]

"Doctor D" wrote in message

How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but
also some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic
aerials.

Well log periodic do have their uses but they're not good for weak signal
areas.

Whilst I would agree that they don't have the gain of a Yagi, they are
useful around here even in weak signal areas as channel allocation runs
from C21 to C63.
I have ended up with a better balance of levels by using a LP and low
noise amplifier, rather than a wideband Yagi with very low gain at C21.

You are right, I hadn't thought of that.

Also I'm amazed that one transmitter is using such widely spaces channels.

Old February 12th 10, 10:21 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Doctor D

How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but
also some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic
aerials.

Well log periodic do have their uses but they're not good for weak
signal areas.

Whilst I would agree that they don't have the gain of a Yagi, they are
useful around here even in weak signal areas as channel allocation runs
from C21 to C63.
I have ended up with a better balance of levels by using a LP and low
noise amplifier, rather than a wideband Yagi with very low gain at C21.

You are right, I hadn't thought of that.

Also I'm amazed that one transmitter is using such widely spaces channels.

We've got two using a ridiculous spread. Lark Stoke 21-60 and Ridge Hill
22-63.

Old February 12th 10, 10:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Thu, 11 Feb 2010 13:15:59 -0800 (PST), martin willmott
wrote:

A "fallen analogue aerial".

http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue1.htm

Well done. It takes a real pro to distinguish analogue and digital
yagis from ground level.
Old February 12th 10, 12:31 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
[email protected]

On Feb 12, 11:21*am, "Doctor D" wrote:
How ironic compared with his comments he
http://www.buckbyaerials.co.uk/rogue7.htm

A strange site. Some good advice and a couple of nice looking jobs, but
also some nonsense, botchery and a bit scathing about log periodic
aerials.

Well log periodic do have their uses but they're not good for weak
signal areas.

Whilst I would agree that they don't have the gain of a Yagi, they are
useful around here even in weak signal areas as channel allocation runs
from C21 to C63.
I have ended up with a better balance of levels by using a LP and low
noise amplifier, rather than a wideband Yagi with very low gain at C21..

You are right, I hadn't thought of that.

Also I'm amazed that one transmitter is using such widely spaces channels.

We've got two using a ridiculous spread. Lark Stoke 21-60 and Ridge Hill

Can anyone beat Crosspool: 21 to 67?