Humax Foxsat HDR files playback on PC?

Old January 9th 10, 05:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Aldred

Default Humax Foxsat HDR files playback on PC?

Max Demian wrote:

"John Aldred" wrote in message
Peter Duncanson wrote:
On Fri, 08 Jan 2010 23:01:12 +0000, John Aldred
wrote:
John Smith wrote:

I have moved some files from my Humax Foxsat HDR to my PC to free up
space.

Apologies for a dumb question, but how do you transfer files from a PVR
a PC?

A Humax Foxsat HDR has two USB sockets. You can plug in a USB storage
device: a stick/flash-drive of a few gigabytes or a USB disc. I use a
"bytestore 16Gb USB Flash Drive" and a "Western Digital My Passport
320Gb" portable drive.
http://www.wdc.com/en/products/products.asp?driveid=698

The Humax software has a File Manager that allows you to transfer files
from the HDD to a USB connected storage device. You can then plug the
USB device into a PC and use the files there.

Files copied (or moved) to an external drive can be replayed on the
Humax from an external drive without needing to copy them back on to the
HDD.

Thanks for the info about the Humax boxes.
My Panasonic DMR-EX79EB has a USB port. Unfortunately it is input only,
which allows me to play various file types from the PC on the TV. I can't
transfer video recordings from the Panasonic box to my portable hard
drive.
Guess I should have bought a Humax Foxsat. :-(

You could transfer programmes to your PC via DVD.

Yes, I've transferred a few recordings that my Wife wants to keep onto DVD.
I just liked the idea of being able to transfer files to and from a portable
hard drive.

--
John
Old January 9th 10, 08:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ivan

wrote:
John Smith wrote:

[...]

I've recently purchased a Gigo USB flash drive memory stick Freeview
recorder, whilst I would have willingly paid more for something a bit more
versatile it does do exactly what it says perfectly OK, which is to record
mpeg-2 files directly onto flash memory, or if you prefer (a powered) USB
hard drive, which gives the option of simply removing the stick (or drive)
plugging it into a computer to watch or burn to a DVD, and if you prefer to
you can also use a simple editing device such as Streamclip.

Old January 9th 10, 10:03 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Aldred

Ivan wrote:

I've recently purchased a Gigo USB flash drive memory stick Freeview
recorder, whilst I would have willingly paid more for something a bit more
versatile it does do exactly what it says perfectly OK, which is to record
mpeg-2 files directly onto flash memory, or if you prefer (a powered) USB
hard drive, which gives the option of simply removing the stick (or drive)
plugging it into a computer to watch or burn to a DVD, and if you prefer
to you can also use a simple editing device such as Streamclip.

Sounds interesting. Have you got any details of the spec. and where to
purchase?

--
John
Old January 9th 10, 10:25 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Ivan

Ivan wrote:

I've recently purchased a Gigo USB flash drive memory stick Freeview
recorder, whilst I would have willingly paid more for something a bit
more
versatile it does do exactly what it says perfectly OK, which is to
record
mpeg-2 files directly onto flash memory, or if you prefer (a powered) USB
hard drive, which gives the option of simply removing the stick (or
drive)
plugging it into a computer to watch or burn to a DVD, and if you prefer
to you can also use a simple editing device such as Streamclip.

Sounds interesting. Have you got any details of the spec. and where to
purchase?

Maplin 89.99 http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=267161 Tesco
59.97 http://direct.tesco.com/q/R.206-1980.aspx I ordered from Tesco last
Saturday evening, had an email on Sunday telling me that it had been
dispatched that day and would receive it on Monday, it arrived Monday at
6.45pm.

http://reviews.cnet.co.uk/dvdpvr/0,39030416,49302945,00.htm

http://www.digitalvisiontv.com/

Old January 9th 10, 10:46 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John Aldred

Ivan wrote:

[...]

Thanks. This looks very interesting - especially the Tesco price.

--
John
Old April 1st 12, 03:02 PM
JoeFoneboneEsq JoeFoneboneEsq is offline
Junior Member

Just a few questions from a new HDR owner I'm hoping the members here can help with.

1) I have a 1tb Foxsat-HDR and connected a 149Gb Iomega drive which has been formatted in FAT32. The unit is showing me all the files I have of various sizes (from 30 mins up to 2hrs some in SD, some in HD) and also recognises the Iomega drive. Unfortunately the button that needs to be Green to Copy is greyed out on ALL the files regardless of size or definition - I can't copy. None of the files are locked. Any idea what I need to do or am doing wrong?

2) Just to confirm - there is absolutely no way of getting HD files off the drive?

3) I have a Topfield PVR and use MPEG Streamclip / Altair to 'see' the Topfield drive on my computer and transfer files to / from it. Is there any similar software for the Humax Foxsat-HDR?

Thanks for replies in advance.

P.S.
Quote:
A Humax Foxsat HDR has two USB sockets.... --
Peter Duncanson (in uk.tech.digital-tv)
The 1 Tb Foxsat-HDR that I've just bought only has one USB socket.