Best Freeview box - advice sought

Old July 28th 03, 07:49 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Tim Hall

Default Best Freeview box - advice sought

On Mon, 28 Jul 2003 17:47:40 +0100, Dave
wrote:

Alien Zord writes
I think he's just making a comment about one of the many bugs in
MS Outlook Express. His .sig is demonstrating that bug in all its
glory. If you were using any other newsreader other than MSOE,
you wouldn't have seen anything other than a line of text,
starting with the word begin.

I don't thing Laurence is using MSOE, more like Netscape 4.x

I didn't say he was. I said you are.

In which case can you re-read your original answer and explain who is
"making a comment" and which bug exactly is it?

Do you not understand English?

Lawrence (who is not using OE) is making a comment about one of the
bugs in OE. You (Alien) are using OE. The simple inclusion of a line
with "begin" followed by two spaces makes OE throw up its maformed
hands in horror and panic.

Tim
In space no one can eat ice cream
Old July 28th 03, 08:57 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Alien Zord

wrote:

[...]

Well, I, on news.cis.dfn.de, do not see any post from Laurence making

comment on bugs in OE. All I see is his post regarding origins of
manufacture of Grundig and Thomson brands and then his response to my

OT
post. I shall quickly subscribe to this NG on news.dsl.pipex.com and
discover what I'm missing.

Well, I did and found nothing. Think its time to go home, 'been here
since 7:15 am and I'm beginning to feel knackered. Will ponder about
this at some other time.
PS: that am has nothing to do with amplitude modulation even though it
may seem that way.

Old July 28th 03, 09:29 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
TimK

Downsides are the lack of front panel display (although you have got
front panel power and channel buttons), a sensitivity to impulse
interference, and a tendency (at least on this one) for the data
channels to get confused, so that the BBC Radio slides don't appear
and sometimes channels that use the same datastream appear under the
wrong number (BBC3/CBBC, for exaple). I suspect this is due to
interference pickup.

Mine did this too until the most recent update (v2.2) a couple of weeks ago.

TimK
Old July 31st 03, 09:47 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Scott

I was actually more interested in such considerations as:

Sensitivity
Vulnerability to interference
Number of scart sockets
Availability of on-air software upgrades
Ability to produce a 4:3 picture

Any thoughts?