LCD TV Repair Question

Old February 18th 09, 09:45 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Adrian

Default LCD TV Repair Question

Terry Casey wrote:

SWBMO reckons that Players No 6 (the ones with them 'orrible tips on)
were 3/6 for 10 in 1967.

They weren't that much, they were 4/- for 20 in 1969, No10 & Sovriegn were
even cheaper, 3/6 for 20, 1/9 for 10.
--
There's probably no god, so stop worrying and enjoy your life.

Old February 18th 09, 10:55 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Terry Casey[_2_]

Adrian wrote:
Terry Casey wrote:
SWBMO reckons that Players No 6 (the ones with them 'orrible tips on)
were 3/6 for 10 in 1967.

They weren't that much, they were 4/- for 20 in 1969, No10 & Sovriegn were
even cheaper, 3/6 for 20, 1/9 for 10.

Ah! Perhaps she meant 3/6 for 20, then.
Old February 18th 09, 01:21 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Gray Robert Mr \(MAC\)

"CD" wrote in message
On Tue, 17 Feb 2009 18:31:03 -0000, "Woody"
wrote:

I had a Philips (KT3 chasis) that lasted 27 years.
--

Damn, mine gave up (or rather I gave it up because of problems with the
mechanical tuner buttons) at 24 years and I thought that had done well!

My Sanyo 15" CRT which I must have bought in '83/'84 was still working
when I stored it in my dad's garage prior to moving house, it's still
there though after 4 years, must dig it out someday.
Quite an advanced model for the time, with a smoked glass anti glare
screen, teletext & BNC composite & audio inputs. 329 back then!!
They don't make 'em like they used to.

I have a Ferguson 14" CRT that saw me through my teenage years, 83 onwards.
It's now in my son's room, along with a freeview box and still works
perfectly. Though I am regularly accused of being tight.
Rob.

Old February 18th 09, 02:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
charles

In article ,
Adrian wrote:
Terry Casey wrote:

SWBMO reckons that Players No 6 (the ones with them 'orrible tips on)
were 3/6 for 10 in 1967.

They weren't that much, they were 4/- for 20 in 1969, No10 & Sovriegn
were even cheaper, 3/6 for 20, 1/9 for 10.

I can remember in 1962 that the college cigarette machine took a two
shilling piece and a halfpenny - in either order - for packet of 10 Players
(untipped).

--
From KT24 - in "Leafy Surrey"

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.11