Pioneer --- Panasonic Plasmas

Old January 11th 09, 06:13 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
John[_16_]

Default Pioneer --- Panasonic Plasmas

How long will it be before we can expect to see Panasonic implement
the technology from the Pioneer Kuro's into their range? Or are we
starting to see that already?

Cheers,

John

Old January 12th 09, 05:51 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Clem Dye

John wrote:
How long will it be before we can expect to see Panasonic implement
the technology from the Pioneer Kuro's into their range? Or are we
starting to see that already?

Cheers,

John

Hasn't it already started? Pioneer has released a 37-inch LCD with Kuro
(as I recall, reading ths month's What Hi-Fi in the local library, ahem
WH Smith's). ISTR that it got slated for poor motion handling. As for
the plasmas, well that must be soon now, but honestly, who's going to
pay the premium for a Pioneer panel that's largely a re-badged Pannie?

I've seen Pioneer Kuro stuff in the past and I have to say that I wasn't
that impressed. It could have been down to poor set-up in the shop I
suppose, but I didn't see anything that made me think that a Panasonic
panel with Pioneer's Kuro innards was a must have.

I'll stand to be corrected of course.

Clem