DOGs, Credits and Programme Info - BBC1 5pm today - Points of View

Old December 8th 08, 09:01 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Light of Aria[_2_]

Default DOGs, Credits and Programme Info - BBC1 5pm today - Points of View

"Edster" wrote in message
"ChrisM" wrote:

In message ,
Edster Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

"ChrisM" wrote:

In message
,
Edster Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

"ChrisM" wrote:

it seems to me that those who strongly
object are very much in the minority, and so I feel that DOGs are
probably here to stay for now...

Can you think of any other minority that all the broadcasters would
discriminate against in this way? Perhaps those of us who still care
should push for getting it recognised as a visual disability.

But you're not a minority like blind or deaf people, or even people
from different cultures are you...?

You could certainly try, and I'd wish you the very best of luck in
succeeding (seriously)!!!

Maybe being excessively irritated by DOGs and being unable to get
used (and therefore not really noticing them) IS a kind of
disability (or maybe the opposite of a disability). Any
psychologists in the house?

Just for the record, I do care to a degree, they annoy me at a
fairly low level, but I am concerned at what the future may bring,
it's just that I believe trying to fight them is futile, I'd rather
put my time and effort into other things...

Which is why they have got steadily worse over the years, and will
continue to do so.

Do you really think there is any point in trying to halt the progression
of
DOGs then?
The only way is for a SIGNIFICANT proportion of viewers(ie advertising
consumers) to threaten to stop watching the channels, or more
significantly,
the adverts, and I'm not sure that even that would really work.

Do you think not complaining will change anything?

I think complaining might be worthwhile, but I've done my share of
complaining and being ignored. I've got bigger fish to fry.

I think when the P2P DOG ****-free TV is attractive enough, the BBC, ****V,
Sky, et al will want to join the market anyway.

Old December 8th 08, 10:03 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
ChrisM

In message ,
Edster Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

"ChrisM" wrote:

In message
,
Edster Proclaimed from the tallest tower:

"ChrisM" wrote:

In message
,

"ChrisM" wrote:

[...]

No, sadly, I don't think it will, unless someone could organise something
like 10% of viewers in some sort of a 'coordinated complaint'. The isolated
letter or email moaning about DOGs will just be written on as some sado or
kook, and will receive the standard reply about how viewers actually prefer
DOGs...

--
Regards,
Chris.