Help! Can't find Astra 2 :-(

Old August 3rd 08, 11:12 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Peter Duncanson

Default Help! Can't find Astra 2 :-(

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 22:38:19 GMT, Paul Ratcliffe
wrote:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:22:37 , Java Jive wrote:

I see you're trying to live up to your email.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Your "From:" email address is "[email protected]".

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.possessive.its.has.no.apostrophe)
Old August 4th 08, 12:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Paul Ratcliffe

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:22:37 , Java Jive wrote:

I see you're trying to live up to your email.

I have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Your "From:" email address is "[email protected]".

shrugIn the old days it was thought to defeat spammers./shrug

An email address is not an email. It might have helped if he'd said what
he'd meant. In any case it is irrelevant to the point under discussion.
Old August 4th 08, 12:17 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

wrote:

On Sun, 03 Aug 2008 19:22:37 +0100, Java Jive wrote:

I see you're trying to live up to your email.

[snip]

You are obviously a ****ing clueless idiot

Again ...

PLONK!
Old June 25th 09, 12:15 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
sean o faolain

i cant astra 2 my quipment is new but after long hours i find it impossable
to FIND ASTRA 2 can you please help all my other satellites are working ok
thanking you for your help sean o faolain

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/124333283.aspx
Old June 25th 09, 02:39 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Andy Dee[_2_]

sean o faolain wrote:
i cant astra 2 my quipment is new but after long hours i find it impossable
to FIND ASTRA 2 can you please help all my other satellites are working ok
thanking you for your help sean o faolain

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/124333283.aspx

The Irish Astra2 is orbiting over Australia.
You need to point your dish into the ground to receive it.

Old June 25th 09, 03:55 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

Can't help with so little information given. Suggest you read through
the pages entitled:

Mounting A Dish Or Rotor
http://www.macfh.co.uk/JavaJive/Audi...telliteTV.html

On Thu, 25 Jun 2009 20:15:38 +0800, "sean o
wrote:

i cant astra 2 my quipment is new but after long hours i find it impossable
to FIND ASTRA 2 can you please help all my other satellites are working ok
thanking you for your help sean o faolain

url:http://www.myreader.co.uk/msg/124333283.aspx

======================================

Please always reply to news group as the email address in
this post's header does not exist. Alternatively, use one of the
contact addresses at:
Old June 26th 09, 11:04 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
housetrained

Methinks you are a "wind up merchant" Your name? and Q tell me so. Am I
correct?
--
John the West Ham fan

.. .

Old June 27th 09, 08:58 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Java Jive

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 12:04:15 +0100, "housetrained"
wrote:

Methinks you are a "wind up merchant" Your name? and Q tell me so. Am I
correct?

Sadly, probably not. I did wonder, but when you've worked in support
for a while, you realise people really do tell you stories like that
and then expect you to be psychic in divining what the problem is.

Anyway, I thought I might as well avail myself of a chance to plug my
site :-)

Old June 28th 09, 12:04 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Grimly Curmudgeon

drugs began to take hold. I remember Andy Dee saying
something like:

The Irish Astra2 is orbiting over Australia.
You need to point your dish into the ground to receive it.

Utter arsehole.