Bio-fuel lunacy.

Old April 14th 08, 11:06 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Lord Turkey Cough

Default Bio-fuel lunacy.

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

Old April 15th 08, 06:29 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Mike Thomas[_2_]

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?
Old April 15th 08, 08:02 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Bill Wright

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

Nothing, but it's always fun to point out how the current green madness is
causing wrong decisions to be made. Since we're all going to hell in a
handcart the details of the cart are probably more important than digital
TV.

Old April 15th 08, 09:10 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Robin Faichney

On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 GMT, "Lord Turkey Cough"
wrote:

Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Some idiots will believe any old claptrap, even from a well-known
troll, as long as it leans in the "right" direction.
--
http://www.robinfaichney.org/
Old April 15th 08, 11:12 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Dr Zoidberg[_2_]

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

Half-wit likes trolling here

--
Alex

"I laugh in the face of danger , then I hide until it goes away"

Old April 15th 08, 11:41 AM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv
Mike Thomas[_2_]

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 09:02:26 +0100, Bill Wright wrote:

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

Nothing, but it's always fun to point out how the current green madness is
causing wrong decisions to be made. Since we're all going to hell in a
handcart the details of the cart are probably more important than digital
TV.

OK. So long as you understand that this thread was started by a troll
as a crosspost with other groups and is therefore likely to become as
large as one of Angrymadman's **MORE**DOG********!!!! crossposted threads.
Old April 15th 08, 04:56 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Lord Turkey Cough

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

You eat food in uk.tech.digital-tv don't you?
Or do you live off transistors, aerials and old set top boxes?

Can I take it that uk.tech.digital-tv is in favour of world starvation?

Old April 15th 08, 05:28 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Robin Faichney

On Tue, 15 Apr 2008 16:56:28 GMT, "Lord Turkey Cough"
wrote:

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

You eat food in uk.tech.digital-tv don't you?
Or do you live off transistors, aerials and old set top boxes?

Can I take it that uk.tech.digital-tv is in favour of world starvation?

plonk
--
http://www.robinfaichney.org/
Old April 15th 08, 05:36 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Chas Gill

"Lord Turkey Cough" wrote in message

"Mike Thomas" wrote in message
On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 23:06:44 +0000, Lord Turkey Cough wrote:

The idea of biofuel was to combat global warming which would cause
land loss due to rising sea levels.
Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Seems like some overpaid moron w*anker scientist/enviromentlist
has got his sums wrong somewhere down the line.

What has this got to do with uk.tech.digital-tv?

You eat food in uk.tech.digital-tv don't you?
Or do you live off transistors, aerials and old set top boxes?

Can I take it that uk.tech.digital-tv is in favour of world starvation?

OK, let's explore this. Petrol etc gets so expensive and rare that we turn
to bio fuels. Farmers (who - poor souls - have been suffering under the
hands of the Supermarkets) turn to growing bio fuels instead, because they
get paid more to grow this stuff. Staple food prices go up, because the
farmers give us a choice (pay more for it or we won't grow it). We have to
choose between personal transport and food. We make our choices and the
market levels out. Farmers are laughing all the way to the bank and
everyone else is a little worse off. Those that can't afford the new food
prices starve to death. World population goes down, resulting in less of
all the current problems in the world. None of this has anything whatsoever
to do with global warming or climate change. However, much of this possible
scenario could be avoided with a bit of thought. Perhaps bio fuel
harvesting will be the focus we all need to get our priorities right. Or
perhaps not........................

Chas

Old April 15th 08, 06:02 PM posted to uk.tech.digital-tv,uk.legal,uk.misc
Bill Wright

wrote:

Well f*ck me, it seems biofuel has destroyed land available
for food crops in a couple of months than global warming would have
done in the next century.

Some idiots will believe any old claptrap, even from a well-known
troll, as long as it leans in the "right" direction.

I was going by the big item about this in yesterday's Times.